Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Jun 20, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

If I hadn't been to Disney before I might have stuck with it because I wouldn't know any different but having been the last two years and had such amazing trips I'd rather leave it and go back in 2022 when hopefully things will be more normal.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

I have no issue with masks, distancing...I could handle all that.

For me, the ROI factoring everything lost with a Disney visit just isn't there. Reduced park hours, lack of character interactions, no fireworks, no fixins bar at Cosmic Rays or Pecos Bills...just not enough bang for the buck. I'd prefer to wait for things to level out and Disney to get back (as back as they will ever get) to normal-ish.
neatfrk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post

In a word, my opinion is NO.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
To be honest I was quite relieved when my flights were cancelled last week. It took the decision out of my hands as I just knew it would be nothing like the experience I had been expecting.
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by wifey View Post
Depends on what you expect from the experience during a pandemic recovery. It’s not going to be close to the situation pre-outbreak. However there will be reduced crowd levels. Hopefully that will mean lines that and socially distanced but still move at a fair pace if everyone complies with the regulations. Quick service places Who have outdoor seating may have to keep less people inside their premises so that may make finding a table easier. I really hope they update their food offerings though ... Mac n Cher’s and burgers and burritos are gonna get real boring really quickly..
Resort pools will hopefully be quieter too and there will be limits on how many folks can lounge on those seats too you’ll need to be there to use the pool and seating.
There will be more chance to enjoy the theming and shop fronts. Probably have shopping available online too to collect at podiums rather than have folks bumping into each other inside.

I am wondering however how they are going to handle the hygiene issues with the resorts pillows (and bedding) since they harbour skin cells and bodily fluids. I’m actually glad now that they replaced the carpets with washable flooring! Never though I’d say that👀 there has to be more good to list than bad surely... I’m prepared to accept change when it’s for the wellbeing of everyone. I don’t mind doing online check-in by phone, as long as our bands are waiting in the room. I don’t mind booking things online for ADRS and park access if it needs to be done. I don’t mind wearing masks or washing my hands. I’m often using hand sanitiser on vacation anyway so no big deal.
The possible issues for us are losing the MNSSHP tickets and fireworks each night. It’s something we look forward to. We will miss the character meets and photo ops.. I doubt Disney will keep the Memory Maker part of a vacation booking. No one is going to want photos whilst wearing masks and no characters unless the digitally added ones.. I can live without it we can always take a few pics on our phones if needed.
I doubt resort pools will be quieter, the parks will be closing early so a lot will head to the pool, plus there’s the people who couldn’t get a park reservation so have to have a pool day. Half the sun beds/chairs means less chance of getting one.

Theres also the bonus that in the pool is one place that you don’t have to wear a mask.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

For me it's a no. I want a full on experience not a make do experience.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Mobile

A big huge no... the only upside in all of this is less ppl in the park, which lets be honest has been needed for a long time.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
col1968
Apprentice Imagineer

too pricey for a half baked experience- I feel gutted we are not going but had to decide, cancelled everything (still awaiting refunds even though cancellable villa, car etc! ) except flights which I hope are cancelled by delta/virgin 22/8 gla-mco, if not I'll have to take the e credit they are offering
col1968 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
A big huge no... the only upside in all of this is less ppl in the park, which lets be honest has been needed for a long time.
It depends when you go. Last year and 2018 I went the last two weeks of September and cancelled most of my fast passes as the stand by lines were so short. I ate mainly qs and never had any problems getting tables.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
itz_baseline
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I'm still really hoping we get to fly and go. Yes it's a cut down version, but as we have been quite a few times I wont lose any sleep if I dont do meet or greets. The river and lights show was never worth seeing more than once, and I think Fantasmic is showing its age. For me the biggest hit will be lack of water parks.

I think I'd quite like to experience a half empty park with lots of space and smaller queues. Hopefully it will feel less rushed and I suspect we'll take more time to stop and look at things more.

For us, it's still worth it. We never dined onsite or had extra hours and all the big rides were taken up at 60 days anyway, so this might mean we have a shot at riding them.

Just have to hope we get there now!
itz_baseline is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List