Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Jun 20, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

I read a moment ago that Florida is going into phase 2 on 5th June...meaning people of up to 50 can gather restaurants and so on open...I am sure Disney will not be far behind..
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
No I’m not paying all that money for a “Covid” version of Disney parks.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

We should have been there now and when our flights got cancelled we thought we might go at the end of the year as we thought by then it would be back to normal. However, having seen how additionally unpleasant it will be to fly, no park hopping, constant mask wearing we have decided to save the money until things are normal and then return.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneybear
Trainee Dibber

I think the value of staying onsite is greatly reduced and not worth paying a premium for. If I was staying off site I would be more open to still visiting the parks especially alongside universal. But depends how many people in your party as appreciate the cost of the tickets alone mount up!

I would plan out an alternative itinerary with any attractions you plan to visit around Florida and see how much the difference is - unless you only sit on the beach chances are there will be some cost to day trips too

Edited at 08:23 PM.
Disneybear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

Tbh I’ll take whatever I can get I’m looking at the positives less people in park etc we will make the best of it when we go.
Old 4 Jun 20, 04:33 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by macdonald View Post
I read a moment ago that Florida is going into phase 2 on 5th June...meaning people of up to 50 can gather restaurants and so on open...I am sure Disney will not be far behind..
Just read up on phase 2 and it seems to be a lot less restrictive which confuses me as to why Disney have cancelled all dining plans and reservations and new bookings

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2021- London
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
mostlybobbins
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
Just read up on phase 2 and it seems to be a lot less restrictive which confuses me as to why Disney have cancelled all dining plans and reservations and new bookings
Because they wanted to have a 'clean slate' to implement a new system. The timing is merely convenient for them to rush it in. They've been wanting to do it for a long time.

The situation has facilitated that, rather than the other way around.
mostlybobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pinju View Post
Because they wanted to have a 'clean slate' to implement a new system. The timing is merely convenient for them to rush it in. They've been wanting to do it for a long time.

The situation has facilitated that, rather than the other way around.
How do you know they've been wanting to do it for a long time?
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
mostlybobbins
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
How do you know they've been wanting to do it for a long time?
I've read it on Touring Plans Forums and on WDWNT's youtube video lately. It is probably a once in a generation chance to do so, so it makes sense even if it'll be a massive rush job and will have bugs aplenty.
mostlybobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

No for us. It’s all about park hoping, we would quite often go to a park in the afternoon and then pop over to whatever park was open later for fireworks. We like visiting the resorts, we like the fireworks, character meets and all that comes with that extra special bit of magic. I love Disney, but I’m not that desperate to NBC o and have a sub standard experience for the prices they charge. Would go to Florida without Disney, no problem, and that’s t he way it will be until things are back to normal. Will be Florida trips with no Disney or Europe for us going forwards.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List