Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 4 Jun 20, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Grace2007
Excited about Disney

Mobile

DiszeeBelle I can understand how you feel about going out. Some of my friends who have been working from home feel the same way and are really anxious to even go to the local shops. I’m a key worker and been at work throughout this crisis, going to the shops, chemists etc. At first I was extremely nervous but after a while you get used the ‘new normal’ and mitigate the risks as much as you can. Observing social distancing, using hand sanitiser and washing my hands often. Slowly my anxiety has reduced and I have now got used to it and it’s just become a new way of life ... and my reward is booking my Disney trip... I have no intention, however, to join the 3hr ikea queue or 2hr McDonalds/kfc queue !
Grace2007 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Grace2007 View Post
DiszeeBelle I can understand how you feel about going out. Some of my friends who have been working from home feel the same way and are really anxious to even go to the local shops. I’m a key worker and been at work throughout this crisis, going to the shops, chemists etc. At first I was extremely nervous but after a while you get used the ‘new normal’ and mitigate the risks as much as you can. Observing social distancing, using hand sanitiser and washing my hands often. Slowly my anxiety has reduced and I have now got used to it and it’s just become a new way of life ... and my reward is booking my Disney trip... I have no intention, however, to join the 3hr ikea queue or 2hr McDonalds/kfc queue !
We would love a mcdonalds but we havent even been to burger king yet and thats been open a while. Kids said to wait for a few months for it to die down haha ive only let them order a take away the other week and i disinfected everything- fish and chips and it was worth the wait. I want to be able to go to the shops and not worry, i think my main worry is other people, the one time i did go i snapped at a man because he was like it was a fun day out, stopping to chat with staff, slowly up and down aisles, talking to people on his phone tellong them where he going next, i only wanted my chococino pods and i lost it as he was blocking them haha.
I tried to return to work (did 1 day) but they said im not fit enough yet so back to working from home. I keep looking at my disney files to my spirits up.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
iang27
Getting Excited

Mobile

After our July flights for this year have been cancelled I have been looking for next August but only Virgin and Tui have flights at the moment and they are expensive at the moment so looks like it’s wait until BA release their flights.
iang27 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
clanmacbeath
Imagineer

clanmacbeath's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We have a villa booked for September 2021. I have looked at flights via Virgin fly drive and Tui flight only. They are still a bit too steep for me just yet. But I will keep an eye on them. I'm holding out until October when all the flight only options will open up.

I'm currently WFH while shielding and I need to keep something positive in my life, 11 weeks locked up is driving me slightly crazy!

Sometimes we just need to be able to dream about the things that make us happy, even if the reality is slightly different this time around. Stay positive everyone.
clanmacbeath is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
HevaDuck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Egon View Post
i should have flown today, absolutely gutted! i rebooked for may next year.

ignore the negativity, these are the people currently queuing 2hours for a Mcdonalds. .
Us too absoloutely gutted but we have rebooked for August 2021 and can't wait to get back
Only left it until August as youngest DD will have turned 21 by then so can enjoy a cocktail or 2
HevaDuck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymummy
VIP Dibber

disneymummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

I booked today for next August. Two weeks at all star music, never stayed in a value before, my kids are excited.

Please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

I Drive 1990, 1992, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2004
POFQ 2007, 2012, 2015 & 2020
Old Key West 2014.
Yacht Club August 2017 & 2022
Walt Disney Dolphin 2024

New York 2000, Las Vegas 2003
disneymummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by disneymummy View Post
I booked today for next August. Two weeks at all star music, never stayed in a value before, my kids are excited.
Oh fab, who did you book with?
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymummy
VIP Dibber

disneymummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by mrsbenny View Post
Oh fab, who did you book with?
Direct with Disney we added QSDP on too. I’m glad to have something to look forward to

Please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

I Drive 1990, 1992, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2004
POFQ 2007, 2012, 2015 & 2020
Old Key West 2014.
Yacht Club August 2017 & 2022
Walt Disney Dolphin 2024

New York 2000, Las Vegas 2003
disneymummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida virgin
Imagineer

Looking for August 2021 myself, we aren't going to Kos this year, so hoping to transfer what we have paid to Tui to flights only to Orlando.
Old 4 Jun 20, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Simba05
Earning More Ears

Hi Blades,

How much did you pay for your fly drive with virgin? just wondering if my price ive got is good or not.

Thanks
Simba05 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List