Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Jun 20, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post

so the time has come ( aug travellers )

So the time has come

This morning i had a Email from Disney saying i had 14 days to pay the balance , we had all but agreed that this Aug trip wasnt going to happen

So what are my options with a direct booking with Disney, i have only paid £200 deposit but dont want to lose that, do i just move the booking till net year ( though we had planned on a trip next year, My 50th, WDW 50th, DD 18th , we had planned to stay in our DVC and Marriott , can i just ask disney to keep the £200 and use that to pay for tickets ? ? ?

Flights, we have booked with TAP, they have said we can have a voucher to use within 2 years and thy will add $100 on each ticket voucher ( so even if the flights cost $200 - $250 more that $100 would off-set some of that

SO i get home from work and my e.mail box is full of disney cancelling all our ADR's and Savi and Droid workshop, which some what makes it easier to cancel

I honestly would prefer my money back for the flights, then the £200 to disney wouldnt really be a major issue
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Magical_Unicorn
Helping Minnie

Mobile

My deposit is 200 pound flights paid in full which makes things more difficult but I had heard disney had been refunding the deposit if you cancel or has this changed. I really want to cancel for August, I do not want to fly but flights are still going and feel like I'm going to be in an unlucky position and lose my flight money as I'll choose not to go. 3 years savings... Gone. Did you ask disney what your options were x
Magical_Unicorn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
srh
slightly serious Dibber

My husband has just come off the phone to Disney as we are in the same position.

Payment for all bookings has been amended to 35 days before travel.

Our resort, Yacht and Beach Club, will be open from July 21st.

At this stage, we can have a full refund of all monies paid, amend the holiday to 2021 without free dining, or wait for the 'email' with further details.

None of the call centre staff are aware of the details of the offer.
Old 3 Jun 20, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We cancelled our August trip about 2 weeks ago with Disney. £200 deposit refunded to my card a couple of days later. Waited about 25 mins to get through and just said we wanted to cancel... we also have a fly drive booked with Virgin, we expect to be waiting forever to hear or be able to get in touch with them :/
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

I sadly cancelled my Disney ticket only today! I got full refund of nearly £400 to go back on my card within 14 days. (35 min wait time)
I still have to cancel my DVC booking, sent an email today as phones are still down.
As to flights, that's still to come, fingers crossed I'll get a refund.
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

I cancelled for 9th August stay last week and received deposit back on credit card 3 days later. I had 50 min wait. I was offered choice of extending date for when deposit due rather than mid June, transfer to next year and they made it clear no free dining or deposit refunded.
No point transferring to next year as I would miss out on topcashback
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
jovial
Imagineer

jovial's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Same boat here 😭 all the cancellation emails through there now ! I’m interested to see what the await email with further details is ! So I might wait to after the weekend to fully cancel Incase it’s discount off moving to next year 🤔
jovial is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Littlelufs32
Excited about Disney

Mobile

In the same position ☹
We've got a flight invlusive package and due to fly 19th Aug.
Paid £900 deposit and the balance of just over £12,000 due by 10th June. I don't have a clue what to do.
Ideally we'll move the deposit to next year but guess we'll lose the flight deposit!
Hopefully Disney will send this email out before our balance is paid because I don't wan't to part with that amount of money when everything is up in the air!
Littlelufs32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Camsmummy
slightly serious Dibber

Our Disney balance is due 27th June and we really don’t want to go anymore but we have paid in full for flights with virgin.If the flights go ahead then I don’t know what we’ll do.
Camsmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Camsmummy View Post
Our Disney balance is due 27th June and we really don’t want to go anymore but we have paid in full for flights with virgin.If the flights go ahead then I don’t know what we’ll do.
I’m in exactly the same boat as you. We’ve worked out we can get our money back for everything more or less - we were going to have a few nights at Universal and had 14 day tickets for there and Seaworld. The only thing we don’t know about is our fully paid flights with Virgin. I think we’ve decided to cancel everything and take a hit with the flights if we have to or accept a voucher and decide if we can use it at some point in the future. We don’t want to go and do Disney half-≈≈≈≈≈.
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List