Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Jun 20, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Pascaltimon
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We have moved to May next year (should be there this year) if not much has changed I will push another 12 months and see how we go
Pascaltimon is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggers friend
Imagineer

We are looking at May next year, but are waiting to see how things develop as per OP.

Be gutted if we don't go as it would have been our 30 year anniversary!
1991/92/95HI MGE;97Cali&Disneyland;98St Petes&Kiss;00C'water&Dixie Landings;02S'hern Dunes;05Coasts,Keys,Magic;06Indian Ridge;07Ind Ridge;08Sanibel&Ind Ridge;09Sarasota&Ind Ridge;10Sanibel&Ind Ridge;11Ind Ridge;12Sanibel&WestHaven;13W.Haven;14Sanibel&W.Ha ven;15Sanibel&W.Haven;15W.Haven;16Panhandle&Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel&Loma Vista;18 Gulf Coast/StAg/W.Haven;19 Sanibel/Venice Bch/W.Haven
tiggers friend is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Andycm81
Apprentice Imagineer

Andycm81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Flower2603 View Post
As the title suggests, would you feel comfortable going May 2021 considering Covid-19 risk of catching it and whether parks will still be social distancing, wearing masks etc.?

I know no one has a crystal ball, but how would you feel about going May 2021 to WDW?

Thanks guys.
Possibly. We have moved our planned 2021 trip to 2022 to be on the safe side, but depending on how the rest of this year pans out, we would possibly still consider a visit next year.

I really wouldn't want to be wearing masks and socially distancing in parks though.
Andycm81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Aarti
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We have already booked for May 2021. Booked with BA and the price was almost £2000 cheaper than VH. We have put a £350 deposit down full well knowing if this doesn’t go ahead or there are other problems we will loose the money. Better to loose that than thousands. We don’t do Disney anyway just universal and we’ve come to accept it will be what it will be. My mindset is we are not going and then anything else is a bonus!
2002 - Magic Castle, Kissimmee & Mariot Suites Boca Raton
Aarti is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Lumsden88
New Poster (4)

We booked for may 2021 with virgin holidays back in January before everything happened and are considering moving it to the following year depending on what happens. Its a lot of money for us to spend if the same level of experience isn't going to be there.
Lumsden88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Aarti
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Totally understandable. Everyone wants to go for different things. For us Disney is not one of them and I understand that the experience for many is not the same and especially for the amount spent and time spent saving etc.

I said to my DH earlier that this virus is not going away any time soon but we will be happy to just be round the pool, do a bit of shopping and make the most of being away. We will only buy universal tickets if capacity is better that what it is. It’s a waiting game but we are just going to try and make the most of it. I understand most people’s main reason is Disney. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Originally Posted by Lumsden88 View Post
We booked for may 2021 with virgin holidays back in January before everything happened and are considering moving it to the following year depending on what happens. Its a lot of money for us to spend if the same level of experience isn't going to be there.
Aarti is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

id be really surprised if it wasn't back to normal by then..
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Aarti
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I’m hoping it is. It should be better than it is with some sort of precautions in place. Fingers crossed
Old 3 Jun 20, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Yep, we going next May, 99% sure! Otheriwse the world has real problems if things aren't better by next year
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 01:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

It will be more streamlined perhaps with social distancing, virtual queues etc, maybe even ways of safely viewing fireworks and parades worked out. Disney have had to work things out in this new world pretty quicky, and I can see them really ironing it all out fast given even more time. I don't see masks being dropped unless attitudes to acceptance of risk change. Too many legal repercussions.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List