Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 3 Jun 20, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

Split stay both at Disney Hotels

Thinking of going next year and wondered if we can do a split stay in two different hotels, but just buy one 14 day ticket is, this is a option as we both like different hotels. Any advice please.
Old 3 Jun 20, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Mobile

Yes you can do a split stay but you wouldn’t qualify for free fining packages across both hotels. If you aren’t looking for dining options then there are no issues.
Old 4 Jun 20, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

I would love free dining and if so would, stay in a moderate, but this is another option for us As we like different hotels and this would give us a chance to do both.
Old 4 Jun 20, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Mobile

The rule has always been that you’d get the free dining at your first hotel but not at the second (unless you buy new tickets). You’d be able to use your original tickets during your 2nd hotel stay.
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

You can do this if you rent DVC points, we'd done it several times now. Just book 7+7 nights via rented DVC points at whichever hotels you want, and buy a separate Ultimate Ticket via Disney themselves. It all links in MDE, and you then only need 1 ticket across both hotel bookings. Obviously doing it this way makes you not eligible for free dining - but depending on what your family is like, this may work out cheaper anyhow, it did for my family of 3! Last trip we actually split across 4 hotels (Saratoga, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Polynesian, and Old Key West), and had a 21-day ticket across the whole period. We were doing the same thing again this September, had 7n at Boardwalk and 7n at Bay Lake Towers booked with a 14-day Ultimate purchased separately.
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by nothingless View Post
You can do this if you rent DVC points, we'd done it several times now. Just book 7+7 nights via rented DVC points at whichever hotels you want, and buy a separate Ultimate Ticket via Disney themselves. It all links in MDE, and you then only need 1 ticket across both hotel bookings. Obviously doing it this way makes you not eligible for free dining - but depending on what your family is like, this may work out cheaper anyhow, it did for my family of 3! Last trip we actually split across 4 hotels (Saratoga, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Polynesian, and Old Key West), and had a 21-day ticket across the whole period. We were doing the same thing again this September, had 7n at Boardwalk and 7n at Bay Lake Towers booked with a 14-day Ultimate purchased separately.
Once your ticket is linked to your MDE it will work for the duration of the ticket, it doesn’t matter where you book the ticket or what combination of hotels you book. You can book room only Disney hotels anywhere. If you book the ticket with the first room, it’s still valid for the duration of the ticket after you check out of the hotel.
The only issue has been you wouldn’t get free dining on your 2nd hotel if you do a split stay onsite.
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Aristocat3
I want to go now!

Is it possible to pay for dining on a split stay, and have one 14day ticket?
Aristocat3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Rachv38
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I might be wrong but I'm sure I read that disney have removed the dining plan until at least Sept 2021?
Rachv38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Aristocat3 View Post
Is it possible to pay for dining on a split stay, and have one 14day ticket?
Yes but - if you book things separately like a DVC room, the dining plan is linked to the hotel reservation, not your ticket. So you could have a 14-day ticket, and then the dining plan for 7 nights linked to 1 room, and no dining for another 7 nights linked to another room.
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

As we are a family of four adults we really need a suite type and looked at music suites and AOA suites, I have not even thought of DVC and renting points, another spanner thrown in the works. I also don’t want to book at the moment incase there was a slim chance free dining plan was offered for next year, but somehow I doubt it., then all change again as we would then go to POR and have to put up with each other as the free dining plan is a must.