Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 4 Jun 20, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsmagoo
Imagineer

managing parks/queues august 2021

Hi,

we have been lucky enough to have been to florida 6 times. the last 3 times we have stayed onsite at disney so had access to fastpasses early. For our next visit we have booked a villa mainly due to the kids ages (14 and 16) as we dont fancy all sharing a room together. We know august is busy although not sure what it will be like next year so we are a bit worried about not being able to ride the more popular rides without queuing for hours.

how do you manage this when staying offsite? i know that rise a DHS is only bookable when you arrive at the park so have nominated my husband to go to the park super early so he can book a fastpass while the rest of us sleep

i know its a long way away but just wanted some tips on how to best manage the parks.

thanks
mrsmagoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
JoanicSicos
Getting Excited

Getting there for Rope Drop, judicious use of tap and grab, and generally just queuing. I'm a weirdo and generally don't mind a queue - especially if we can play some "Heads Up" - makes time fly.

One thing of note though, as far as i know, all party members planning to ride have to be in the park at the time of requesting a boarding group for RoTR - so depending on who wants to ride, you might not get the sleep you expect!
JoanicSicos is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsmagoo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoanicSicos View Post
Getting there for Rope Drop, judicious use of tap and grab, and generally just queuing. I'm a weirdo and generally don't mind a queue - especially if we can play some "Heads Up" - makes time fly.

One thing of note though, as far as i know, all party members planning to ride have to be in the park at the time of requesting a boarding group for RoTR - so depending on who wants to ride, you might not get the sleep you expect!
Ahh i didnt know that. We have friends who went in october and this is what they told us they did. Oh well, it will be an early start that day and then crash in the afternoon. Im actually hoping that it stays that you cant book fp until the day for that ride as we would have no chance at getting one beforehand.
mrsmagoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

Mobile

Keeping an eye on this as we’re staying off site next August.
Also my understanding is everyone has to be in the park for a boarding pass for ROr.
Is your friend sure that’s the ride she did this for as it didn’t open until December in Florida?
lovemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Lozzi
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Depends when in August you are going. We go in the last two weeks and although we stay on site, the queues are easily manageable. Apart from the big headliners, everything else is easy enough to get on. TSM is my sons favourite and we did this several times in one visit, only problems we had were with the "new" rides.
Lozzi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsmagoo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lozzi View Post
Depends when in August you are going. We go in the last two weeks and although we stay on site, the queues are easily manageable. Apart from the big headliners, everything else is easy enough to get on. TSM is my sons favourite and we did this several times in one visit, only problems we had were with the "new" rides.
We normally go mid to end of august but cant do that next year due to GCSE results for my eldest. Our dates are now 31/7 to 22/8. My thinking is that the kids are older now so unlikely to want to see parades etc more than once. We have 3 nights in royal pacific resort for front of line passes for universal so not worried about that aspect. We have done flight of passage and really didnt rate it, made me and my youngest motion sick for the rest of the day.

IF disney release free dining then we may change to onsite although the thought of sharing a room with a 14 and 16yr old isnt filling me with much joy!
Old 4 Jun 20, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I use touringplans. Love them to get round crowds but I am slightly strange in that I love an itinerary
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmagoo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
I use touringplans. Love them to get round crowds but I am slightly strange in that I love an itinerary
We have used them previously when we stayed offsit but the last time we did that was 2010.
Old 4 Jun 20, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
gbatey
Getting to know the DIBB

Could it have been Smugglers Run as that opened end of Aug?
gbatey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mrsmagoo View Post
We have used them previously when we stayed offsit but the last time we did that was 2010.
We had a long break between trips too. I used them in 06,07,08 and this was in the unofficial guide to Disney. Always ripped out the back pages 😂

Now I use to the touringplans as it’s online and I can have the app on my phone.
Always made and used the plans. Used the tap and grab, modify etc. We went in June last year and some for offsite were difficult so rope drop is best.

They are on youtube. I watch one last week where they rope dropped FOP and one bloke got there early before park opened and the other turned up at 9 and they compared how long it took etc. I find stats and things really interesting but basically rope drop and the plan definitely does work but some don’t like it as it’s an itinerary and others are more spontaneous than I am.

I just find it so much easier than been stood around saying so where next as this is what seems to happen to me (my hubby &#128545
So I like to just say right we are going to ... and it’s always worked out with the queuing and my hubby is very grumpy so not being in a queue with him is brilliant.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List