Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Mar 14, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey fanatic
Serious Dibber

anna marie island

Hi dibbers when we have our rest days from parks we usually do clearwater and st augustine but want to try somewhere different this yr, we have looked up anna marie and it looks beautiful we arejust wondering wether we need to plan a stay over night in or is it an ok drive if we set of early enough to drive bk to our villa late evening (sorry about my spelling! )
mickey fanatic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 14, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Hank
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
If you do a search under the Blue bar above you will find plenty of posts from Dibbers who have been to Anna Marie and have asked the same question.

It is really a matter for you, leave Orlando early and make the most of your day, you may well decide to go for the day this time. Then hopefully you will enjoy it and look at staying for a few days in the future

Anna Marie will give you a taste of what the Gulf Coast has to offer, this is the real Florida.

Hank
Hank is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 14, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post

My good lady wife started the worlds longest thread on AMI on here, but the site won't let me hyperlink to it.

We love the place. Could you do it in a day and do it justice? No. I think you need a few days to really get the feel of the place.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 14, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
jadehouse
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 19
We love Anna Maria Island and usually spend at least a week there twice a year.
Last year a friend of mine asked about visiting, I told her about the Holiday Inn just off the island. She drove down early and spent the full day at the beach, then chacked in to the hotel late afternoon. Got cleaned up and went back to the Island for a meal and watched the sunset. The following day they spend a few hours on the beach, had lunch at the Sandbar then headed to Busch Gardens for the afternoon and later back up to Kissimmee.
She said they all really enjoyed the time they spent there and was glad they booked a night at the hotel.

Enjoy what ever you decide.
Old 10 Mar 14, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninnybobs
Apprentice Imagineer

We were there last week and have made the journey several times in one day. No problems.

Can also recommend Fort Desoto if you like quiet secluded beaches with plenty of wildlife.
Ninnybobs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 14, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread