Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 9 Mar 14, 02:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Best course for a junior golfer?

Hi there…

I have a son aged 9 (in June) and he is a keen golfer. He's only been playing for a year, but thoroughly enjoys the sport and is keen to play on one of the courses in Disney.

I'm not sure about the technicalities of his game myself but I think he'd enjoy the mini golf, but he will also want to do some driving if that is the correct word and he uses a range of different clubs (Gosh, he'd be so embarrassed for me if he read this). He can hit the ball about 150 yards on average I've been told by DH when he's telling me about the lessons, which I'm told is ok, but to be honest I don't get any of it. Basically what I'm trying to say is I think he can play quite well for his age and wants a proper course, but at the same time I don't want him to feel tonnes of pressure from other golfers about or to ruin their games. Apparently golfers take their games very seriously

Is there something suitable for him do you think?

I am a premier annual pass holder and I think I get some benefit to do with Oak Trails? Is this a possibility?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks
Reereef is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 14, 03:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Oh and do you have to book in advance? thank you!
Reereef is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 14, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi does your other half play .there is a nine hole course at disney that you can play ( it is a walking course) all other courses in floida provide buggies.He would be able to enjoy most of the local courses playing of the front tees
jdouds is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 14, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Hi there! Thanks for your response…no DH doesn't play golf other than the driving range. He does enjoy taking DS though. I suppose we are just looking for a calm slow paced course where DS can play to his ability and DH and I can stand and watch like lemons. lol
Old 9 Mar 14, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
coinneach
Imagineer

There's a 9 hole course at Orange County National that would suit your son.
coinneach is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 14, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Disney's Oak Trail is free for Premium Annual Passholders, it seems quite a nice 9 hole par 36 walking course, they also have junior tees too.

From what you have said I would say that this course would be totally suitable for your son.

Unfortunately I cannot post URL's but take a look at golfwdw.com

You can book online (at golfwdw.com) or alternatively just turn up and they will try to fit you in

I can let you know in the next few days what the course is like as I am about to buy an annual pass, and the plan is to play there a few times a week. I haven't played golf for 20 years so I am sure your son is a much better player than I am !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 14, 02:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Originally Posted by victor_meldrew View Post
Disney's Oak Trail is free for Premium Annual Passholders, it seems quite a nice 9 hole par 36 walking course, they also have junior tees too.

From what you have said I would say that this course would be totally suitable for your son.

Unfortunately I cannot post URL's but take a look at golfwdw.com

You can book online (at golfwdw.com) or alternatively just turn up and they will try to fit you in

I can let you know in the next few days what the course is like as I am about to buy an annual pass, and the plan is to play there a few times a week. I haven't played golf for 20 years so I am sure your son is a much better player than I am !
Thanks very much! To be safe I better book online…I'll be in trouble if he misses an opportunity! Thanks for the link and I look forward to hearing you report back about the course! Haha! My son thinks he's an awesome player! But he had a bit of a shock the other week when he snapped his driver!
Old 14 Mar 14, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Took Ds to play Oak Trail a couple of years ago - it is great, flat and fair for all ability levels.
There is a course at Orange Lake which is also good for youngsters - it has floodlights and you can play at night - amazing experience that is unforgettable.

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 14, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
THOR1
Apprentice Imagineer

Agree with Walt

Son and I played there years ago and it's almost a one of a kind experience.

Kids like to do something their friends haven't and that would certainly tick that box and might fire his enthusiasm further
THOR1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 14, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread