Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Mar 14, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
jclutton
Very Serious Dibber

Orlando Gun Club, fantastic day out

One morning on holiday we got up and the weather wasn't too good, my wife decided she wanted a little retail therapy at Mall at Millenia, while eating breakfast I picked up one of those discount books as I was paying and spotted a voucher for the Orlando gun club, which is just around the corner from the Mall, so I decided to take my son.
What a brilliant idea it turned out to be, we filled in some simple forms and were shooting 9mm and 45mm handguns half an hour later, one of the most enjoyable way to waste some time, shooting up zombie targets. It cost about $150, not bad for a couple of hours.
Later in the holiday we decided to go back and try the rifle range, shooting an AR15, a 12 gauge shot gun, a full auto Uzi, I've not had so much fun in years, both myself and my 17 year old son had a whale of a time. This time cost around $300-400, but we could have spent a lot less, and a lot more.
All you need to shoot is your passports and 2 adults present when your collect your guns (I think Florida has had a issue with single guys committing suicide at gun ranges) and lots of cash for a day you won't forget. The staff are really friendly and gave lots of advice.
We now each have a zombie target framed and put on our wall at home (nowhere too noticeable as my wife says it doesn't match the decor.)
jclutton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 14, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
nicohna
Apprentice Imagineer

Sounds great! We wanted to do this near the end of the holiday but it is a bit expensive :/
Old 20 Mar 14, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Barty Bumblebee
Proud to wear my Ears

We are out there in nov, hoping to get to do this while out there. I'm ex British Army and weirdly do miss range days ( even if they were mostly horrible wet ones lol )

Looked on the website but no list of the rifles, do you happen to know roughly the type they had?
Barty Bumblebee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 14, 01:53 AM  
Link to this Post
beautybutterfly
Imagineer

beautybutterfly's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
What were you doing for $150 each? According to the website it's around $15 for full day
Westridge North May 2014 | DLP The Kyriad March 2015 | Southern Dunes May 2015 | New York and Toronto October 2015 | Highlands Reserve DIBB villa May 2016 | LA & Vegas October 2016 | New York December 2016 | The Keys & Orlando Lake Berkley Dibb Villa April 2017 | Las Vegas MGM Grand May 2018 | Wyndham Resort iDrive April 2022 | Rosen Inn LBV Aug 2022
beautybutterfly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 14, 02:36 AM  
Link to this Post

Probably renting guns, buying targets and ammo. Breakdown of costs here

orlandogunclub/sites/...ow%20Rev1a.pdf
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 14, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
jclutton
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by beautybutterfly View Post
What were you doing for $150 each? According to the website it's around $15 for full day
Ammo for the 9mm and 45mm was around $20 for 50 rounds, ammo for the AR15 and Uzi was around $25 for 20 rounds, when you're firing an automatic you can go through a box in around 10 seconds. Targets cost $1 except the zombie ones that are $1.25, they go quite quickly too when your firing a shotgun. I think we have around 50 targets upstairs, only framed one each, the best shots.
It doesn't have to be expensive, it depends on the the amount of time/money you want to spend there, as I said it was a rainy day and it kept my wife away from shopping for a couple of hours and she would have spent far more there than we did at the gun range. There were people who came and only shot a box of ammo, there were people who shot far more than we did, must be tougher than I am as my shoulder was black and blue the next day.
jclutton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 14, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread