Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 22 Feb 18, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Susan62
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
Hi guys,

I've been using MFP since Monday, weighing tomorrow as I like Fri as weigh day but don't expect much. I've got the WW app downloaded and I'm all ready to go. Never done flex... hit me with your hints and tips and best free food?
My tips would be to always track, weigh your food and try not to guess (as sometimes I’ve been way out when I’ve double checked) and to stay positive.

I plan our meals around the zero point foods - chicken, fish and of course eggs and when I cook, it’s for the whole family but they have bigger portions then me. I must admit I’m finding it hard to like the 0% Greek yogurt; I can only eat it with honey on it!

Others will hopefully come on here and give you their tips. Good luck with your weight loss journey. Susan
Susan62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

I'm not keen on fat free yogurt. I do however like Alpro soya yogurt alternative. The plain version is zero points. Unfortunately I picked up the coconut flavoured one today by mistake and it's 8 points for a tub instead of 0 points 😭😭😭 which is really frustrating because the calories difference is negligible. Oh well...
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by liz-paul View Post
I'm not keen on fat free yogurt. I do however like Alpro soya yogurt alternative. The plain version is zero points. Unfortunately I picked up the coconut flavoured one today by mistake and it's 8 points for a tub instead of 0 points 😭😭😭 which is really frustrating because the calories difference is negligible. Oh well...
I have never been a fan of plain yoghurt at all, but I have started having Skyr fat free yoghurt on my fruit salad at lunch time and I really find I like it

And I like it even more with a tsp of choc shot drizzled on it

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

Wow sweet things are so high in points for the amount of calories in them! Obviously WW are trying to encourage healthy eating which is a good thing, but it's almost impossible to have any sort of a sweet treat 😩🍫🍩🍦🍪 will probably do me some good if I can reduce my sweet tooth a bit 😋 I will have a look at the recipes on the app next week to see if there are any lower point sweet things I can bake/make.

We had roast chicken (no skin, 0 points), Tesco frozen roasties (lazy dinner 😜, 7 points for 200g but i didn't need them all), broccoli and mange tout and Tesco chicken gravy (4 points 😱 ). Then I had 100ml breyers ice cream (2 points). Gonna treat myself to a few gins tonight from my weeklies!

Edited at 08:34 PM.
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 01:07 AM  
Link to this Post
sarahc
VIP Dibber

sarahc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I like the Heck Chicken Italia sausages: only 1 point for 2 sausages! Feels like a treat for minimal points!
Old 25 Feb 18, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Weigh in day was yesterday for me again and I lost another 2.5lb that 15 now gone, hopefully for ever
Regarding sweet things, I bought some flavoured syrups from myprotein and put it on my porridge in the morning. Also have tried it on my Greek yorgurt, I enjoyed it. For a quick sugar boost I have a wurthers sweet, I’m not a chocolate lover so I’m ok missing that out, however, cakes I love, been doing the diet five weeks now, and really crave a naughty cake lol
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

After losing over 4 stone on WW 5 years ago just in time for my 60th birthday I found that 1.5 stone had crept back on so rejoined on 5th Jan. Its absolutely true that the older you get the harder it is to lose those pounds so I was happy to have lost half lb on Friday after having a weekend away. Total loss 8.5lb.

Imagine my horror discovering when getting home to get that lunch with the ladies at Ask yesterday cost 26 points for my risotto plus 36 points for my Chocolate Etna Oh and a large glass of Merlot

Back on the horse today

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
samhugs
Getting Excited

Mobile

1lb on this week, I’ve lost my mojo!

Good luck for the week ahead everyone
Old 25 Feb 18, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Having never tried WW and did not get on with SW a couple of years ago, I now cannot afford to join any clubs, my budget is set in stone!
Can any of you add any pics and recipes or links?
thank you
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

When I think of five it has to be
The Famous Five
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List