Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Jul 09, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
joandwayne
VIP Dibber

joandwayne's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 20
My DD and I are over the moon with this news. The Be Our Guest restaurant sounds a great addition too!

AKL, Walt Disney World, July 2017, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2016, Washington DC, California (Disney) and New York, August 2015, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2014, West Coast USA and Disney Aulani, Hawaii, August 2013, Old Key West, Walt Disney World, Oct 2012, West Coast USA, Aug 2011, New York, April 2011, May 2009, Port Orleans, Walt Disney World, Oct 2010, Disney Cruise, May 2010, POP Century, Walt Disney World, Nov 2008, May 2007, Oct 2005, Kissimee Oct 2003, Oct 1990
joandwayne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 09, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
onetoescape
Excited about Disney

My family is 2 boys 2 girls. Im sorry to say it look like I may we will have to split up. They biys go with me the girls with my wife. Its one of those things boys won't do girls things but girls can do boys things if you know what I mean. Bring a boy onto a girls ride you will have trouble. Bring a girl on a boy ride not as much if any. Disney is about bringing families together not separating them. While I understand they want more girl things its better to split them up. My boys wouldn't want to step in that place.
onetoescape is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 09, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sweetemotion
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 114
Originally Posted by Imagineer2802 View Post
From what i can understand, i think they will be demolishing their houses. I think thats a BIG mistake -it will be like there is a part missing if they remove mickey and minnies houses! That is also something i am not pleased about! Also... almost the entirety of Fantasyland (bar its a small world and peter pan) and Toontown (bar goofys barnstormer) would have to be closed at the same time surley - and thats a huge chunk of MK to be closed...
i think i'll cry if this happens i wouldn't mind if they moved their houses but to get rid of them altogether would just be sad

WDW - 96, 99, 00, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 17
DLP - 98, 01, 02, 10 DLR - 11, 12, 14, 18 15
Las Vegas - 11, 12, 13x2, 14, 18x2
WDW Cast Member 17 - 18 14 U.S. States & Counting!
sweetemotion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 09, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mrscopeman
Imagineer

Originally Posted by onetoescape View Post
My family is 2 boys 2 girls. Im sorry to say it look like I may we will have to split up. They biys go with me the girls with my wife. Its one of those things boys won't do girls things but girls can do boys things if you know what I mean. Bring a boy onto a girls ride you will have trouble. Bring a girl on a boy ride not as much if any. Disney is about bringing families together not separating them. While I understand they want more girl things its better to split them up. My boys wouldn't want to step in that place.
Kind of see your argument, I think the Dumbo thing and the rollercoaster keep that area interesting for small boys and perhaps the Pooh Corner and pixie hollow playground has enough for them too. The whole area they are redeveloping has always been for smaller children in reality, not much of a change there really.

Gastons Tavern sounds interesting though...
With Own Brood: '07 POFQ | '08 POFQ | '09 SSR | '10 BCR | '11 AKL | '12 OKW | '13 AoA | '14 OKW | '15 UCR/Texas/ASM
mrscopeman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 09, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Glad to see that Disney are updating the park - looks like they're going with what sells best ie the princess character meals (especially as these are the most difficult to book)
Money talks!
Love the sound of the Monsters Ride!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 09, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post

as long as mickey and minnie's houses stay as well as cindsers golden carousel... loved it...
Old 21 Jul 09, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post

there hasn`t been an additional change at MK for a number of years !
i personally would like to see something within the park for the older teenager ,when Walt Disney first had the idea of a theme park, he wanted something that the WHOLE family could enjoy , although it doesn`t bother me , i feel that MK is aimed at the younger child and NOT the whole family which was Walt Disneys original vision.

although i find it strange in this economic period that we find ourselves in that Disney would put forward, or allow to leak these plans.
recently Disney have made cut backs to certain shows such as Fantasmic , yet there are plans for a park extension .!
it`s widely known that when Universal Studios announced that they would create a park near to Disney all those years ago.
Disney responded by producing MGM studios almost immediately, and was opened , many would say with only a few attractions for a couple of hours stay..
universal studios are buliding Harry Potter to open next year, have Disney responded with these new plans to try and get some (crowds) business back,which Harry Potter will obviously pull.
it seems to me , that the Disney organisation always seem to play catch up, trying to keep up with the Jones .
following Universal,along with new attractions at Seaworld etc.
i maybe wrong but i somewhat think , if Harry Potter ,rip ride rocket , Manta, etc..
were not recent additions to the Orlando set up , then we would of not of seen these plans because they wouldn`t of existed.
however it is good to see that Disney are prepared to put their hands in their pockets and extend Fantasyland, i just hope upon completion it does not reflect in an increase in park entry fees.
Darren
Old 21 Jul 09, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post

where will Snow White be to meet and greet?
Old 21 Jul 09, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Ms Finkelstein
Imagineer

Ms Finkelstein's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
While the plans look good and I look forward to seeing them if real, I do feel Disney just keep cutting out a big section of the market by not putting in anything for boys/tweens.

There are already 3 Princess dining experiences (CRT, Akershus, 1900 PF), and while another one would always be welcomed, I think a Toy Story/Pirates/Peter Pan dining experience would bring in boys and girls and tweens.

If they want the new expansion to compete with Harry Potter World, it won't - HP attracts younger boys/girls and teenagers.

I know how much my kids spend on holiday in WDW - and my son spends just as much as his sister!

Di x

2 Go Mad in Bavaria 2011 - Trip Report Biergarten or Bust 2008 WDW Trip Report
Margarita or Bust - Son of Biergarten 2010 Trip Report
Ms Finkelstein is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 09, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Carol_G
Imagineer

Carol_G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 22
Originally Posted by Ashajo View Post
Oh I wouldn't like to see Mickey and Minnies houses go though !
I think it would be a big mistake if they take them away

[QUOTE=mkingdon;3836287]Surely the Indy car thing would be an ideal candidate to make a Cars attraction out of for the boys?
QUOTE]

I think that would be a fab addition too

Originally Posted by Ms Finkelstein View Post
While the plans look good and I look forward to seeing them if real, I do feel Disney just keep cutting out a big section of the market by not putting in anything for boys/tweens.

There are already 3 Princess dining experiences (CRT, Akershus, 1900 PF), and while another one would always be welcomed, I think a Toy Story/Pirates/Peter Pan dining experience would bring in boys and girls and tweens.

If they want the new expansion to compete with Harry Potter World, it won't - HP attracts younger boys/girls and teenagers.

I know how much my kids spend on holiday in WDW - and my son spends just as much as his sister!

Di x
Having 2 boys myself and a family full of boys I couldnt agree with this more. Its fab that we have all the Princessy things but we need more boys atractions. A Toy Story meal experience would be good, it also would not isolate girls as there are plenty of them who would enjoy it. Myself included lol.

Can't wait to see what becomes of all this and what really happens at Fantasyland.
Carol_G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List