Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Aug 09, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post

I've often thought it was a bit daft having the FP distribution right at the entrance to a ride. It would be far better to be able to get a ticket for something before you actually get there. So in Epcot's case, it would be nice to get a ticket for Soarin at the entrance to Test Track. You could then queue for Test Track whilst you wait for your Soarin FP time. And vice versa, get a Test Track FP whilst you queue for Soarin. Imagine being able to get an FP for Splash Mountain whilst you are in Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom. By the time you have got round to Splash Mountain it would probably be the right time to be there for your fast pass. It would certainly save a lot of walking backwards and forwards. In this day and age of internet communication, the parks should have more waiting time signage all around the park so you know what to avoid. I hate getting all the way into The Land at Epcot to find out that there is a 2-hour wait at Soarin. A lot of people now have iPhones and other smart phones, it would be nice if free WiFi was brought into the parks and Disney could have an iPhone app etc where you can get up-to-date information on times and events wherever you are in the park. I would love them to develop an iPhone app with all the park hours etc and park maps with GPS locator. Come on Disney you can do so much more.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 09, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by MandyJ72 View Post
Does that mean that you get 3 fastpasses at one time then? i.e. put in MY park ticket and get a FP for Everest, Dino AND Safari? or is is just that the Central distribution point is alternate place to get an FP without going out of the way since Everest & Safari are quite far out if you are in the middle of the park?

Just my blearly eyed first reaction ...
Yes - you can collect fastpasses for all 3 rides at the same time, its not advertised but the CM were telling people that on these machines you are able to collect FP's for all rides without waiting.

Seemed to work well but there should be a display stating the FP time
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 09, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
joolsleeds
Apprentice Imagineer

joolsleeds's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I actually thought that this worked very well.

Having a central location for the FP made it that you could collect your Everest FP, and then go on safari.

While we were there it was one FP at a time, but with a wait of only an hour before you could get another.

For sure - a display telling you what time the FP were available would help, but a CM was always available.

The location was pretty good too, with the tip board with all the wait times, just around the corner.

Made FP life a lot easier IMO.

Edit: forgot to say, tough to be a bug was 5 mins stand by in the 3 times we visited the park

Edited at 10:15 PM. Reason: forgot ITTBAB info
joolsleeds is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 09, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
whelley wigan
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
This is a great idea (if they can get it to work properly). I've often lamented trailing to a ride for a fast pass then halfway across the park to another ride then back again to use the fast pass. As long as they continue to have fastpass distribution at each ride too. Be great if you could collect them for multiple rides!
Yes, we agree. It is especially a pain trailing around AK with the way it is laid out! Centralisation is a great idea but it obviously needs tweaking to get it to work 100%
Old 10 Aug 09, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
BrerVixen
Imagineer

BrerVixen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Wost. Idea. Since. Stitch.

Some imagination Huh?
WDW in 89,90,91,93,94,95,96,97,98,99,00,01,02,04,05,07,09,11,13,14,16
DLP in 99,00,08
Next Trip: Disney's All Star Sports September 2019
BrerVixen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 09, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
JamelUK
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Im split on this one..

At AK, where the layout isnt that easy to navigate and the E-Tickets are spread far and wide, having a central FP pick up point looks a great idea - so long as they do sort any signage and broadcast the return time properly.

Im really not sure I like the idea in the other parks. In MK for example, the whole point of 1 FP at a time is to keep the crowds moving around the park and spread it out a bit. I fear if they put a central FP booth nr the castle or central plaza, then everyone would use that as a central hangout and then run off to do the rides at their alotted times.

Just my 2ps worth. To add to this I believe Ive read elsewhere that Disney has a bluetooth schedule update system? Anyone know any more about this?
JamelUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 09, 01:25 AM  
Link to this Post
ROBBERIFFIC
Apprentice Imagineer

ROBBERIFFIC's Reviews
Hi

We used this today at AK, its brilliant you can get all 3 major ride fsat passes at the same time, the lines for the FP machines were nly 4 or 5 long we got our FP for Everest and Safari in less than 5 minutes. This should be rolled out to all the parks, it make such simple sense.

Robberiffic
ROBBERIFFIC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 09, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

We used this system on tuesday... it saved my husband running round the park as each fast pass finished! But i must say its not advertised! we only came across it because we were going on bugs life! The CM at the tickets said it is only being done for 1 month then they will decide if its staying then being used in all parks!
But it saved us loads of time plus we got a lion king fast pass for using the system! All rides were over a 2 hour time frame. Our day was now more organised...great.
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 09, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
JamelUK
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by ROBBERIFFIC View Post
Hi

We used this today at AK, its brilliant you can get all 3 major ride fsat passes at the same time, the lines for the FP machines were nly 4 or 5 long we got our FP for Everest and Safari in less than 5 minutes. This should be rolled out to all the parks, it make such simple sense.

Robberiffic
Hi Rob,

Appreciate the Field report!
Does this mean you can grab and hold mutiple FP's for mutiple attractions?

You normally have to wait for one FP to expire before you can get another dont you? Or have they overriden this? That would make planning, especially at AK very much easier.
JamelUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 09, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Originally Posted by JamelUK View Post
Hi Rob,

Appreciate the Field report!
Does this mean you can grab and hold mutiple FP's for mutiple attractions?

You normally have to wait for one FP to expire before you can get another dont you? Or have they overriden this? That would make planning, especially at AK very much easier.
We were in AK yesterday and got fast passes for EE and the safari but both had different times on. I asked the CM if I could get ones for the Safari after I had the EE ones and he said try it and see So yes you can hold multiple fast passes.

Caron