Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Nov 09, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
MickeyMouse967
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Just Back

We've just got back from DLP. Flights - lovely and even 25 minutes early coming back with Easyjet. Hotel Santa Fe - lovely and spotlessly clean room. Food with the vouchers o.k. but not an awful lot of choice for the kids. Still found everything in the shops pretty pricey. Walk on for all the rides including Crushes Coaster - managed to do nearly all of them 3 times over! Weather nice and brisk but bright blue sky and sunshine. Characters were good but Pluto and Minnie Mouse had strops for some reason and ran away from the children. The only downside is the 'free for all' to see the characters - not like in Florida where they have organised lines. The French and the Germans were terrible for pushing and shuving. Generally a very good time had by us but still think that France was the wrong place to put this park as the French don't have that Disney frame of mind IMHO.

2001 Days Inn Int 2002 Days Inn Lakeside
2003 Walt Disney Swan 2004 Howard Johnson Int
April 2005 Quality Inn Int Nov 2005 Quality Inn Int
2007 Calabay Parc Villa 2008 Orlando Star Villa Ap 2010 Howard Johnson Int
MickeyMouse967 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 09, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Glad you had a good time, can't believe Pluto and Minnie ran off! DId you have any character interaction in the hotel?
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 09, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Katie C
Imagineer

Glad you had a good time despite character strops! Agree the scrums for characters aren't much fun, although I found the ones that had set queus weren't too bad like Mickey...
I don't think France is a bad place for the park, its just a slightly differnet midset and approach, hence a different feel to the park. Mind you, would have loved it to be in the UK, I think I'd practically live there
Katie C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 09, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
kjb442
Imagineer

kjb442's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
little choice with food,weather 'brisk',pushing and shoving in the queues,shops pricey and character strops? whats all that about ! Walt would be turning in his his grave.
I think you are spot on though, the french should never have had euro disney built in their country, they are just too dull and sulky. You'd think they'd be happy after cheating their way into the world cup finals !

Kev and Nicci
kjb442 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 09, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
motty1969
Imagineer

motty1969's Reviews
pleased you've had a great trip, we were there at the beginning of October and had a ball. we stayed at Santa Fe too, and like you we found it a good hotel , really clean etc. My only gripe was the amount of people in the restaurant at breakfast time, holy cow, it was jam packed!
motty1969 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 09, 06:54 AM  
Link to this Post
MickeyMouse967
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Thumbs up

Brekkie was a hectic and love the pun 'jam packed' - very good!

2001 Days Inn Int 2002 Days Inn Lakeside
2003 Walt Disney Swan 2004 Howard Johnson Int
April 2005 Quality Inn Int Nov 2005 Quality Inn Int
2007 Calabay Parc Villa 2008 Orlando Star Villa Ap 2010 Howard Johnson Int
MickeyMouse967 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 09, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Dave+Hel
slightly serious Dibber

Dave+Hel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Originally Posted by kjb442 View Post
little choice with food,weather 'brisk',pushing and shoving in the queues,shops pricey and character strops? whats all that about ! Walt would be turning in his his grave.
I think you are spot on though, the french should never have had euro disney built in their country, they are just too dull and sulky. You'd think they'd be happy after cheating their way into the world cup finals !
Another post that focuses on the negative. The poster mentioned a lot of good points as well. Dlp can hardly be blamed for 'brisk' weather, it is November after all. I suppose it's their fault we have a bad exchange rate as well. I've been twice with little ones and have found the French staff very helpful. As for them being sulky and dull, the English hardly have a reputation for being fun and exciting either!
Dave+Hel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 09, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Originally Posted by Dave+Hel View Post
Another post that focuses on the negative. The poster mentioned a lot of good points as well. Dlp can hardly be blamed for 'brisk' weather, it is November after all. I suppose it's their fault we have a bad exchange rate as well. I've been twice with little ones and have found the French staff very helpful. As for them being sulky and dull, the English hardly have a reputation for being fun and exciting either!
I agree - DLP gets a lot of unfair bad press on here sometimes - I know it's not perfect but we've always had fantastic trips there - we wouldn't have gone back 11 times otherwise!

Hope you have a great trip

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 09, 06:34 AM  
Link to this Post
moolie19
Imagineer

moolie19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I also agree that people always seem pretty negative about dlp, well I really love it there, in fact I spent my honeymoon there.
moolie19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 09, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Katie C
Imagineer

I got engaged at DLP, love it sooo much (love WDW too- they're just different!)
So pleased to see good points, and well done on defending DLP folks!
Katie C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread