Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 May 19, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

Hi OP,
Sorry to hear of your experience. I think that you need to chalk this up to ‘one of those things...’
To claim would be very difficult.. was an accident report filed at the time? Do you have photographic evidence of the cause? Do you have photos of the immediate impact? Do you have a medical report from whilst you were in US?
Without these, I don’t think you could proceed...
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vwcr View Post
I think the most annoying thing for me was i saved up for a year to go on holiday for it to be wrecked by a simple tag that someone should have put on the side of some glasses.
While I have sympathy for your injury - but tbh, this isn't the shop's fault.
"Someone" should have taken care when trying on.
Why is it always someone else's fault?
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Glad you on the mend but as for claiming!
Sorry but it was your own fault for not noticing what you were doing, are they supposed to put a large sticker on the glasses warning you about the price tag or something? On no you might not have noticed that one either!
Be grateful that you did not in fact damage your eyesight permanently
Old 21 May 19, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Nic18076
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm sorry this happened to you, and I'm glad your eye is healing slowly but under the circumstances I wouldn't claim at all - if I am understanding you correctly then you picked the glasses up, and you tried them on. I might think differently if the glasses fell on you because of something the shop had done, or if the assistant had kind of rammed them onto your face and thus injured your eye.
It's unfortunate that you were injured, and they could have been sympathetic but you did the right thing feeding back to them that there was a potential issue, and if you feel strongly enough about it then I would send them an email because making sure someone else doesn't do the same thing wouldn't hurt.
Nic18076 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post

It sounds like a terrible injury and I hope that your insurance meant you are not out of pocket on medical bills. But otherwise, I will go with the majority, the label was visible, the shop was not negligent and therefore I don’t think it is a claim, I also think that would be very hard to bring about from overseas anyway. I think it is a very unfortunate and painful accident. Hope your recovery continues to progress quickly.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
aladdin
VIP Dibber

“i didn't see that the price tag had been put on the glasses right next to the lens over the nose next to the security tag and as i tried them on it flicked round and went under my eye lid.“

Saks did not cause your injury. You did. Unfortunately there’s no bases for claim here.

I do hope your eye heals quickly.
aladdin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry to read what happened to your eye op and glad it's getting better. Unfortunately I have to agree with above posters and as a adult the responsibility would be on you.

I am all for standing up for yourself but to me the unfortunate accident was on you. If you were to raise that against a world wide brand in America you wouldn't stand a snowflakes chance unless you have millions.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List