Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 27 Jan 20, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbelluk
Excited about Disney

May 2020 Itinerary - Thoughts please

Hi,

Wondering if you lovely folks could have a look over our May itinerary and let me know what you think.

There's 4 of us going - Me & DH - Started our Disney trips with our honeymoon in 2000 and this will be our 11th trip with the last one being in 2014 as in all honesty we were Orlando'ed out but looking forward to returning to see what's changed.

Also joining us will be DD1 - who'll be 10. This will be her 4th trip but given she was so young and the last one was when she was 4, she doesn't remember much about it

Also DD2 who'll be 9, this will be her 3rd trip not counting the one where I was admitted to hospital on our departure day as she decided she decided I was carrying too much water and quite fancied the idea of an early arrival Thankfully she stayed put for the remaining 2 1/2 months, but given her first trip was when she was 6 months old and trip 2 was just before her 3rd birthday she also doesn't remember much of it!

Both girls are coaster mad but we've decided not to do Universal this time, as in all honesty we know this won't be our last trip and thought we'd be better just focusing on Disney at this point.

We tend not to do full days in the park, as we're more of an early rising - out by tea time family, hence why I've put in the nights for the fireworks etc. also gives the girls plenty of pool time at the villa.

So critique away

Wed 6th - Travel to Gatwick, Check in Premier Inn South and Twilight check-in for flight
Thurs 7th - Flight - Dept: 10.10am - Arrive: 2.25pm, Pick up car and check in to AOA Resort
Fri 8th - Epcot
Sat 9th - Check out AOA Resort - Hollywood Studios - Check into Villa in Four Corners
Sun 10th - Magic Kingdom - ADR: Whispering Canyon 5.30pm
Mon 11th - Typoon Lagoon - Shopping - Mini Golf if girls fancy it
Tues 12th - Animal Kingdom
Wed 13th - Epcot - Epcot Forever
Thurs 14th - Boggy Creak - Shopping - Mini Golf if girls fancy it
Fri 15th - Hollywood Studios - ADR: Chef Mickeys 5.40pm
Sat 16th - Rest / Shopping / Mini Golf
Sun 17th - Magic Kingdom - Fireworks
Mon 18th - Hollywood Studios - Fantasmic
Tues 19th - Blizzard Beach - ADR: Hoop Dee Doo 6.15pm
Wed 20th - Animal Kingdom - Rivers of Light
Thurs 21st - Magic Kingdom
Fri 22nd - FREE CHOICE
Sat 23rd - Check out of Villa - Flight 6.05pm - Arrive Sun 24th 7.15am

What do you think - too much or do-able?
Tinkerbelluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Hula Doola
Excited about Disney

Very similar to us, Ds is 11yrs, DD is 9yrs, last time we went they were 4 and 2.5yrs. And we have 2weeks in May coming up!
Interesting to see your plan which looks similar to ours we are also early risers and unlikely to make it through from early morning to fireworks. I'm planning making use of morning EMH first week and then aiming for later mornings and eve shows in second week when fatigue may have set in.
I think your plan looks doable as long as you don't overstay in parks when you (or kids) start flagging. I have built waterpark days in as 'rest days' as I don't think we'll need to be there all day and hopefully they'll feel like a change of pace from the other parks. You seem to have a couple of days in each of main parks which should mean you can take it at a more laid back pace. That's my thinking anyway!
I'm sure others with more experience will also comment... and I'll be following to see what they say 😉 Thanks for sharing.
PS hope this trip is less eventful than the pregnancy/almost birth one!
Old 27 Jan 20, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
G54321
Excited about Disney

You plan looks great! We fly the same dates but are flying out to Miami and doing a few days in Fort Lauderdale and Naples before driving up to a Dibb villa in Orlando for 10 nights. Flying home from Orlando but our flight is an hour earlier. Have a great trip we can’t wait! We have AP for universal from last years trip and also sing up a couple of Disney dats from old tickets we still had. Looking forward to lots more chill time as we usually travel with family so this is first time just 2 of us.
G54321 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbelluk
Excited about Disney

Thanks both, I'm thinking of switching the 8th & 10th around to take advantage of EMH and heading straight to Fantasyland with the view of getting some of those rides ticked off.

@Hula Doola - Thanks for the PS I'm hoping so too! Although it makes you realise how important it is to have adequate travel insurance, as we were lucky the £7.5k bill was all covered

@G54321 you'll have a great time I'm sure, we used to go all the time on our own pre children and yeap it's a very different experience
Tinkerbelluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List