Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 15 Feb 20, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
aj2703
slightly serious Dibber

First Coronavirus death in France..

Was just about to look at prices for later this year and MSN have breaking news that the first victim of the virus has died in France.

This to be honest worries me and i am wondering if its worth looking to book in advance as in six months you just dont know what will be the state of affairs.

Edited at 12:23 PM.
aj2703 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by aj2703 View Post
Was just about to look at prices for later this year and MSN have breaking news that the first victim of the virus has died in France.

This to be honest worries me and i am wondering if its worth looking to book in advance as in six months you just dont know what will be the state of affairs.
Or it could be fine.

By all means plan for a worst case scenario (backed by insurance) but unless I'm told not to go somewhere by the FCO, I'm still going to go.
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
aj2703
slightly serious Dibber

I am wondering if Insurance will cover this still.

Has anyone purchased insurance and noticed any exclusions that would mean you are NOT covered?
aj2703 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

They did say it was an elderly Chinese tourist that has unfortunately passed away. As long as the infection wasn't passed on to a lot of people and they moved on it should be fine. It is supposed to be just a really bad flu type virus. I contracted swine flu when it was first identified and yes I was quiet ill with it and passed it to my then 3yr old but we survived and I'm in the at risk category. Precautions need to be adhered it and hopefully everything will be fine.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8

Has anyone purchased insurance and noticed any exclusions that would mean you are NOT covered?
Useful article here. In essence, you're good to travel unless the FCO say otherwise.

moneysupermarket/tra...e/coronavirus/

If the FCO say you cannot travel to a country, you can claim against the insurance (subject to their T&C's etc)

If you knowingly and willingly travel to a country against FCO advice, you're not covered.
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Interesting to know if the companies do exclude it or put prices up at mo because of this.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
David
New Poster (4)

Mobile

France have only had 2 more cases than the UK.
David is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

More people are dying from contracting normal flu than coronavirus. It's old people who are already unwell who are the ones who have died. If you are fit and well even if you catch it you should recover fine.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List