Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 28 Feb 20, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
NHH
A Guest at All-Stars

Recommended eateries within the parks - no DDP

We don’t have a dining plan, so were planning on surviving on bananas and water during our days in the parks - But what would be your one recommended eatery within each park or Disney Springs? Presumably we would need to book?
NHH is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

No you don’t necessarily have to book. It entirely depends on what kind of food you like to eat and whether you want a sit down, waiter service meal.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
keepgoingback
Proud to wear my Ears

No need to book any of the quick service eateries. Loads on offer especially at Disney springs. Have a good look at the menus before you go and get an idea of what is available where.
keepgoingback is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 02:07 AM  
Link to this Post

I stay off-site normally and the food is generally a lot cheaper than onsite and in my view often a lot better. I know others have different views.

So for me, if having a sit down I try and go for things that I just cannot get off-site. Be that a meal with an associated perk, like show seating, early access to the parks, characters, or themeing.

So if cannot get into anything in GE, then my normal go to is sci-fi diner (but push for car not booth). Go for lunch not dinner as better value if paying cash, plus it's out of midday sun. It's not a fancy eatery and burgers chips etc best thing to eat finger food in dark anyway. It's the theming that is the star here.

Be Our Guest is reasonable esp if you can either pre-order or slide in for an early lunch. Theming here.

EPCOT so much choice around world showcase. I personally like teppan Edo, bit you can get cheaper equivalents elsewhere in Orlando that do similar habiachi. The biergarten is big on themeing but I'm not a fan of multiple types of wurst, but it's buffet, with communal tables and it can be quite entertaining.

The plaza on main Street is actually quite good value and nice food. But no major theming.

Yak and Yeti takeout is nice in AK and I like the small pavilion behind Flame Tree for a snack lunch.

But foodwise / general in AK Satu'li stands out for me.for the variety.

I like House of Blues in downtown Disney. And earl of Sandwich and chef art Smith's, morimoto Asia and Wolfgang puck. To be fair I could eat a lot of food at downtown Disney and not get bored. Poor maybe, but not bored!

Look at the menus as stated above. Check the lunch dinner menus and the break times and you can have a very late lunch that feels like dinner that would be $25 pp more 15 mins later if careful with bookings..

Enjoy.

Ps. Bananas are pretty good too !

Edited at 02:08 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Blaze Pizzas in Disney Springs seems popular, not been yet. Apparently you can do a diy one eg can split pizza toppings if 2 people want to share one etc.
Counter Service
I like Flame Tree in AK or Yak n Yeti
MK, Columbia House
EP, French Boulangerie yum!
None for HS

Table Service
MK Be our Guest breakfast, trying this next trip
EP, Teppan Edo
AK, Yak n Yeti is good except the cold chips
HS, 50s Prime Time Diner
DS, not tried anywhere since 2017 trip

Depends on how much you want to pay or want to see regarding theming. There's also all the Monorail Resort cafes and restaurants too.
You can check out the menus and prices in Dining section on the Disney website.
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
loubyloulou
Excited about Disney

Blaze pizza Disney springs is a great choice and we love colombia harbour house in magic kingdom
Old 29 Feb 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

Counter service;
MK - Columbia Harbour House or Caseys
AK - Yak and Yeti
HS - ABC commissary
Epcot - Katsura Grill

Table Service:
MK - Liberty Tree Tavern or BOG
Epcot - Le Cellier

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

MK walk out (5 mins) and go to The Wave at Contemporary instead. Columbia Harbour House is good.
Nine Dragons is very good for the money.
Yak and Yet as above is good.
Old 29 Feb 20, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

For a sit down meal Jungle Skipper Canteen in MK is brilliant, particularly their "Hardy Har Char" Siu Pork and "Tastes like Chicken" Because it is! They officially come with rice but I have chips as I eat a lot of rice at home. I also love the Chicken Tikka Massala at Yak & Yeti in AK, which again I have with chips and not rice. As regards quick service Columbia Harbour House in MK is great as are Lotus Blossom Cafe and Katsura Grill in Epcot.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 01:01 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Highly recommend Blaze Pizzas at Disney Springs.

Epcot - Garden Grill
HS - Wouldn’t recommend anything
MK - Liberty Tree Tavern
AK - Wouldn’t recommend anything
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List