Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Feb 20, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

Suggestions for staying in Disney. no parks, no car

We are off to Florida in April. DH and DD will be visiting the parks but I'm not this time.

We are staying at BWV for the first five days, so any suggestions how I can fill my time? It wont be full days and I won't drive.

Pool
Disney Springs
Old 28 Feb 20, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

How would you normally fill your time on a non park holiday ?
BWV are lovely so I’d probably spend a lot of time relaxing in the quiet pool or on my balcony , with the odd treat from the Boardwalk Bakery to sustain me ... but are you looking for non park activities to keep you busy ?
We all like different things so it’s hard to say , you might like DS or the outlets if you like to shop for example or a gardening tour , neither of which I’d enjoy . Maybe help us out a bit here ?
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
MissPiggy2012
VIP Dibber

You could walk to Hollywood Studios and get the skyliner or bus to various resorts and different one each day. Or get the bus to Disney Springs and get a resort bus from there.
Old 28 Feb 20, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Visit all the resorts, have a meal, snack or drink at each. Go shopping Disney springs or Uber to a outlet.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

Resort hop?
get the bus to MK, then you can walk to contemporary, the bridge between the resort and BLT had a decent firework view?
Mini golf (at the parks)
There’s activities in a lot of the resorts (like you can go see the animals at AKL)
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Ride the Skyliner

Disney332
Old 28 Feb 20, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

Surrey bike and cycle round the Boardwalk area, followed by a nice tea/icecream/cake/other treat of choice to offset the exercise.
Rent a boat and go out on the lagoon.
Monorail and wander round the resorts.
Old 29 Feb 20, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

So to add to the great suggestions:
Go to the spa, there is one at the swan/dolphin and I think at BC too.
You can walk to the Fantasia Gardens mini-golf but this is probably something you will want to do with the family too.
Monorail resort hop and enjoy wandering round the grounds there.
shopping - Uber to the outlets and only go in the stores that interest you. DS in the morning is very different to the evening so enjoy the quiet time to stroll through shops and take in the scenery.
Go to both AKL resorts and see the animals, there are some different ones at Kidani and Jambo.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 06:08 AM  
Link to this Post
oakleydokey
Looking for my Ears

If weather is poor... do the monorail "hop" around those relevant resorts... very interesting way to explore top end on-site resorts, and keep dry!

Have a coffee / snack outside, but under cover at GF / and do some shopping. Nice way to spend a morning or afternoon.
oakleydokey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

A few of the resorts have free tours. Both the Animal Kingdom Lodges have afternoon foods tours, plus lots of other activities, Wilderness Lodge has a morning tour and I believe that Grand Floridian, Old Key West and The Boardwalk have their own tours.

The spa at Saratoga Springs is very indulgent.

Horse riding and fishing.

Cake decorating at Disney Springs.

Yoga class, free.

Resort runs, some have organised, free, competitive fun runs.
vowels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List