Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 25 Jan 20, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
folkie
Loves sailing in the sun!

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 170
Originally Posted by Love*my*hols View Post
Barcelona for me,quite easy to get to and to get around
We drove through Barcelona on our way north about ten years ago, it was an absolute nightmare, but we wouldn't be driving this time so maybe...

Originally Posted by Libby29 View Post
Malaga is nice for a long wknd 😊
Yes, I've been looking at southern Spain, I did wonder about Granada but the flights are a bit longer than my husband wants to do.
91 Brittany 92 Scotland 93 France 94 France 95 Dartmouth 96 Moved house 97 Terra Mare (Greece) 98 Swanage 99 Yedi Tepe (Turkey) 00 Canada/Tunisia 01 Ottawa, Antigua/Bitez 02 DLP/Cornwall 03 Antigua/Gower 04 Ottawa/Croatia/Vendee 05 BVI/Hurghada 06 Javelin (Turkey) 07 Perili (Turkey) 08 Orlando 09 Rosas 10 Orlando 11 Les Deux Alpes 12 Morocco 13 Brittany 14 Vassiliki 15 Orlando 16 DLP/New England/Ottawa 17 Ionian
folkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Big Italy fan here, we had long weekends last year in both Venice (in March) & Rome (October) both of which were just gorgeous. Been to both before but I never tire of them.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Did you watch the Jane McDonald programme last night? I'm not a huge fan of Spain but she went to Sitges last night. It looked lovely. If your after a bit of heat. She caught a train into Barcelona too just a 40 minute ride and €8. If your not too worried about possible sunshine and heat Vienna? Fantastic city brilliant public transport. So much to see.

Edited at 01:28 PM.
soooexcited! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Lisbon looks lovely. I fancy Florence but looks a bit of a faff to get there. Milan?
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by folkie View Post
Yes, they're lovely but I should have put them in my excluded list - we've sailed around the coast of Croatia several times and have been to Trogir, Split and Dubrovnik. We love them but want to try somewhere new

Currently wondering about Brussels, some friends went recently and loved it, plus we could go by train.
We did Brussels by train and loved it! So easy on the Eurostar, and cheap tickets too! Lots to do and see. We also went for the day by train to Bruges - beautiful place and we went on the canal boats. I'd definitely recommend - especially for the chocolate samples!

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
folkie

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Big Italy fan here, we had long weekends last year in both Venice (in March) & Rome (October) both of which were just gorgeous. Been to both before but I never tire of them.
Me too, but if we go abroad we really want to go somewhere new
91 Brittany 92 Scotland 93 France 94 France 95 Dartmouth 96 Moved house 97 Terra Mare (Greece) 98 Swanage 99 Yedi Tepe (Turkey) 00 Canada/Tunisia 01 Ottawa, Antigua/Bitez 02 DLP/Cornwall 03 Antigua/Gower 04 Ottawa/Croatia/Vendee 05 BVI/Hurghada 06 Javelin (Turkey) 07 Perili (Turkey) 08 Orlando 09 Rosas 10 Orlando 11 Les Deux Alpes 12 Morocco 13 Brittany 14 Vassiliki 15 Orlando 16 DLP/New England/Ottawa 17 Ionian
folkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
folkie

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
Did you watch the Jane McDonald programme last night? I'm not a huge fan of Spain but she went to Sitges last night. It looked lovely. If your after a bit of heat. She caught a train into Barcelona too just a 40 minute ride and €8. If your not too worried about possible sunshine and heat Vienna? Fantastic city brilliant public transport. So much to see.
I didn't see that, we're not particularly after heat (although I wouldn't say no if it was on offer!) but Barcelona is on the list. We always have very busy, active holidays - sitting around just chilling would drive my husband mad So we usually either have city breaks with culture and history to explore, or very outdoorsy active ones - walking, sailing, windsurfing etc.
Old 25 Jan 20, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
folkie

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by MinniMouse View Post
Lisbon looks lovely. I fancy Florence but looks a bit of a faff to get there. Milan?
Actually I've been looking at Lisbon, it looks really interesting. Not considered Milan - I'll put it on the list, thanks
Old 25 Jan 20, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by folkie View Post
I didn't see that, we're not particularly after heat (although I wouldn't say no if it was on offer!) but Barcelona is on the list. We always have very busy, active holidays - sitting around just chilling would drive my husband mad So we usually either have city breaks with culture and history to explore, or very outdoorsy active ones - walking, sailing, windsurfing etc.
Might be worth seeing if you can watch it on catch up. Looked like it had plenty of history walking watersports with lively Barcelona not far away either.
soooexcited! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Amsterdam.isnt on your excluded list is it? Really nice for a short break if you are looking for culture. Plenty to do in the rain museums wise.

Otherwise in March. Head south would be my advice!

Lisbon is nice, plenty to do on a weekend away. Can be busy around the port area if a lot of cruise ships come in. Easy to keep away though.

Seville was fantastic last summer. But very very hot in August, I plan to visit again in either spring or September, when it is a tad cooler. Plenty to do there and in the environs for a couple of days away.

Or Florence?

Edited at 05:54 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List