Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 21 Feb 20, 12:53 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Mobile BBC Question Time

I thought I’d give BBC QT another chance ... I don’t know why I bothered!
The only panelist who impressed is no longer in politics - M Portillo (though I’m probably swayed by his excellent railway series) I have no idea why Ash Sarkah continues to get Air time, for the record BBC, she is NOT a journalist. She alone is enough to reach for the remote control! In sum, I wasn’t impressed. Must try harder bbc!
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 12:57 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

And for the first time in ages we actually enjoyed it. I’m pretty sure we sit on opposite sides of the political fence but I also preferred Portillo to Ash Sarkah which worries me a little...

I found the discussions much more balanced and less shouty than when it was just Leave vs Remain shouting at each other.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 01:01 AM  
Link to this Post
mr-paul
slightly serious Dibber

Have to agree with BevS97, I haven't watched it since the election but caught it tonight, and it was actually fairly reasonable from all sides, apart from the lady in the audience who went on a vile diatribe against immigrants.

And SussexFamily, whether you like or agree with Ash Sarkar or not, she is a journalist.
mr-paul is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 01:01 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
And for the first time in ages we actually enjoyed it. I’m pretty sure we sit on opposite sides of the political fence but I also preferred Portillo to Ash Sarkah which worries me a little...

I found the discussions much more balanced and less shouty than when it was just Leave vs Remain shouting at each other.
Agreed. Especially the debate on the BBC licence - surprised by Portillos truthful take on it. Much better than Brexit debate ...yes
Still some Boris bashing going on though bev

I see it’s in Middlesbrough next - that should be fun
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 01:05 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Boris is the Prime Minister. I think he is fair game for a little bashing. I’d be much more concerned if we had a program where the government was not being put to scrutiny. And that would apply regardless of who was in government.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I used to watch QT but haven’t for a while. I got the opportunity to be in the audience and part of the mock panel. I’ve lived in my town all my life (47 years) and didn’t recognise anyone else in the audience...was fascinating though...
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ds4ljs View Post
I used to watch QT but haven’t for a while. I got the opportunity to be in the audience and part of the mock panel. I’ve lived in my town all my life (47 years) and didn’t recognise anyone else in the audience...was fascinating though...
I’m not surprised ... we’re the audience bussed in?
Old 21 Feb 20, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Stopped watching it when Fiona Bruce took over - her politics are obvious.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bonnies mum View Post
Stopped watching it when Fiona Bruce took over - her politics are obvious.
She interrupted portillo repeatedly last night.
Old 21 Feb 20, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Thursday night’s Question Time featured a lengthy racist rant by an audience member: “Close the borders, completely close the borders,” she frothed with hateful rage, adding in lies about foreigners being showered with never-ending freebies while destroying the education system and the NHS. It took the commentator Ash Sarkar to challenge her unabashed bigotry with truth, pointing to research that migrants pay in more to the state than they get back.

amp.theguardian/commenti...-question-time
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List