Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 22 Feb 20, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
School teacher
Very Serious Dibber

Anyone had a holiday in London ?

Thinking of staying in uk this year and going to London for a while. Our children love musicals. Wondering if anyone else has done this and where they stayed please and thank you x
School teacher is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

We actually had a week in london but stopped outside at an haven park. We caught the train into london every other day. The boys loved it. They had swimming and adventures all rolled into one.

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 01:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Yes. I used to live in London and now go back once or twice a year to visit friends and do London things

I usually stay in Travelodge or Comfort Inn. I do a search on their websites for my dates and pick the cheapest property.

I have stayed at
Travelodge Marylebone and Southwark
Comfort Inn Buckingham Palace Road and Covent Garden

I pick hotels either across the street or around the corner from a tube station, less than 5 minutes walk.

For theatre shows I go to the TKTS Booth in Leiscester Square and get cheap next day tickets.

For shopping I go to Westfield in Shepard's Bush or Westfield Stratford or Canary Wharf

There is so much to do and see in London, just give us an idea of what you are interested in.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We go regularly for a night or 2 in fact we are going today to see the lion king then a couple of night between Xmas and new year. Our favourite hotel currently is the premier inn at Farringdon as it’s new and the restaurant is nice and the prices are fab. We paid £52 for tonight and £103 for 2 nights between Xmas and new year in a premier plus room. We have frozen tickets for that trip and hope to see wicked too. We have also done the London eye, Tower of London, the museums, tussauds, sea life centre etc over the years.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Kids Week in August - kids go free to shows. You have to book early though!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Loads to do in Greater London too with a quick train ride from the centre.
Hampton Court Palace
Kew Gardens
A tour around Twickenham or Wembley Stadiums

You can climb the 02, which if not terrified of heights looks fun. There’s also a small outlet centre inside the O2 now

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

We usually go every year for two nights.

Normally we stay in a premier inn and the last couple of times we have stayed in the premier inn hub in Westminster.

There’s so much to do, this year we got tickets on the day for wicked using an app and it cost us £30 each for really good seats.

We’ve also done the Natural history museum, the science museum, the museum of London and the London transport museum.

There are also so many sights to see, Hyde park, Leicester Square, Westminster abbey, the London eye, tower bridge ect...

We’ve also travelled to the Harry Potter studios on one of our visits which was amazing.

We love London, one of our favourite places.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

We went down for 3 nights in Oct a d saw 3 shows!
We stayed at Premier Inn Leicester Square and it was ideal. We wanted to be near the theatres as dd and myself we going to one on our own one night so didnt want a treck back to a random hotel!
Itcwas brilliant being central as well as just nipped back when needed
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
School teacher
Very Serious Dibber

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Both of my children want to go into musical theatre as careers but love ballet, art, drama and obviously musicals.
School teacher is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
School teacher
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Kids Week in August - kids go free to shows. You have to book early though!
My husband has booked the morning off work the day the tickets are released in the hope we get some!