Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Feb 20, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
brindle
Imagineer

I have used insurancewith last few times. Always found them very helpful if phoned up, but you can do an online quote.
Terre Verde Resort April 2008+ April 2010
Florida Keys July 2009
brindle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
JayPR
Apprentice Imagineer

I have free travel insurance through my Nationwide flex account but charged a premium of nigh on £100 for 1 statin(no high blood pressure) and a few pain killers
JayPR is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I have had diverticular disease for several years now, but haven’t had diverticulitis (a flare up) for a few years now - initially I had to pay an increased insurance premium, but then gradually because I hadn’t had any effects from it for over 12 months, I no longer need to pay an additional cover for it anymore.

Like a previous poster, I always have a packet of ‘emergency’ antibiotics that I can take if I ever do get a flare up - and I always carry these abroad with me - I’ve been told that a severe bout can be life threatening and could require emergency bowel surgery, so whilst it is under control it can be seen as a ‘minor’ health concern, it’s anything but if things turn nasty.
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Oh dear! I feel I’ve offended some of you and really not intended at all ! So I’ll apologise again 💗 my husband really was very ill when he was admitted to hospital so I know only too well how dangerous it is , as I’ve said previously I only said minor as this is how it was explained to us when all his tests and scopes were completed , but maybe I’ve come across as being a bit insensitive and I definitely did not mean to , I’m also going to get him to speak to the doctor before we go about taking some antibiotics with him as quite a few of you have mentioned this and it’s something I hadn’t thought about do not only am I grateful for the insurance advice but the great help that you get from dibbers again xxx
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by mexico07 View Post
Oh dear! I feel I’ve offended some of you and really not intended at all ! So I’ll apologise again 💗 my husband really was very ill when he was admitted to hospital so I know only too well how dangerous it is , as I’ve said previously I only said minor as this is how it was explained to us when all his tests and scopes were completed , but maybe I’ve come across as being a bit insensitive and I definitely did not mean to , I’m also going to get him to speak to the doctor before we go about taking some antibiotics with him as quite a few of you have mentioned this and it’s something I hadn’t thought about do not only am I grateful for the insurance advice but the great help that you get from dibbers again xxx
You haven’t offended me 👍 I just wanted you to know to be prepared for worst case - but equally not to be overly worried about it either - tbh I don’t give my condition much thought most of the time, but it’s good to be prepared with things like antibiotics to keep it under control if a bout does occur, as it is something that can turn nasty if not dealt with promptly xx
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks everyone I’ve now got it sorted , still higher than I hoped for but the best I could get and was starting to lose the will to live answering the same questions over and over , finally went with staysure at £272 with travel disruption added to cover corona virus amongst other things ! And I will also be making an appointment for the doctor for him before we go so he can take some antibiotics with him xxx
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mexico07 View Post
Thanks everyone I’ve now got it sorted , still higher than I hoped for but the best I could get and was starting to lose the will to live answering the same questions over and over , finally went with staysure at £272 with travel disruption added to cover corona virus amongst other things ! And I will also be making an appointment for the doctor for him before we go so he can take some antibiotics with him xxx
To be honest that sounds like an excellent price, considering the cost of getting even a minor flare-up treated while you are over there.

You can relax now and carry on planning. xx
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
To be honest that sounds like an excellent price, considering the cost of getting even a minor flare-up treated while you are over there.

You can relax now and carry on planning. xx
Yes when I called they went through it with me and I had put in one unplanned hospital stay but they took that out as they said it would only count after he was diagnosed so it really us worth giving them a call xxx