Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 27 Feb 20, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Simba and nala
Trying for More Ears

Food budget help-

Hi folks

I’m starting to put together some sort of idea of how much money we will need to allow for food budget in the parks

We are staying offsite
Breakfast we have offsite and our evening meal will be mainly offsite in our endless list of restaurants to try too unless staying for fireworks/ shows

Now we plan take a backpack and plenty of frozen water bottles into the park with snack

Is there any restricted snacks ?

We watch a lot of food blogs and have a list of must try snacks
Theres 4 of us going all eat well so trying judge what to have as a “budget” as such.
Simba and nala is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
leee
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Depends if your going to eat counter or table service. For 4 I would budget close to $150-200 for a sit down meal, any less then bonus. For counter service around $60-70.

That's based on my experience only, but it also depends how many courses and which venue you choose.

You could take a look at the online menus, take a sample meal and use that as your budget, maybe build in 10% extra.
leee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

We used $111 per day last year. We have budgeted $200 per day this year. We have breakfast in villa, snacks or counter service in the parks and then we go to offsite restaurants. But we are two adults and two young kids.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Simba and nala
Trying for More Ears

I’m thinking very similar budget

My kids are not big meal eater they are more grazers all day long (12and 10)
Simba and nala is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 01:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Simba and nala View Post
Hi folks

I’m starting to put together some sort of idea of how much money we will need to allow for food budget in the parks

We are staying offsite
Breakfast we have offsite and our evening meal will be mainly offsite in our endless list of restaurants to try too unless staying for fireworks/ shows

Now we plan take a backpack and plenty of frozen water bottles into the park with snack

Is there any restricted snacks ?

We watch a lot of food blogs and have a list of must try snacks
Theres 4 of us going all eat well so trying judge what to have as a “budget” as such.
I really wouldn’t bother lugging the frozen water bottles into the park! We took refillable water bottles in with us. You can fill them in the qs restaurants (either they’ll fill them at the counter, direct you to a refill station or give you cups of iced water) or there are water fountains around too. It’s a lot of weight to carry otherwise!
I also budgeted around $200 a day for us (2adults and two teens, 11 & 15, staying offsite). Some days we went over (usually when we had a ts meal booked) and other days we were under. Overall I think it worked out right. That said, we did have a separate pot for treats (snacks) which was from our change jar so that was in addition to the $200 a day.
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 04:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Most Florida hotel rooms have fridges take plastic bowls plates cutlery
Oh and DH says a decent size tumbler
Much easier to make rope drop if you have cereal / muffins bagels to hand so every one can eat if someone is in the shower being a tween etc. Or even if you are all shattered a take out or pizza in the room
If you are driving I’d certainly invest in a polystyrene cool box and load it with drinks snacks and keep it in the car always amazed me and still does how thirsty yo get from leaving the park to hitting the car or the
I’m starving hangrys hit
We and visiting over 25 years can’t stand Florida water even make tea with bottled so we do take frozen water ice tea etc with us and snacks.
Ie snack size bags of crisps from a larger packet ,grapes ,fruit .or the family favourite Ritz cracker cheese or peanut butter crackers or the little snack pac pringles we’ve still got 5 little boxes pringles did years ago and they get filled Gdks favourite is dry Breakfast things like special k Cheerios etc in a snack bag
Sea world can be picky at times if you go in with huge family packs of crisps etc. We’ve never had an issue dividing things up
A cool back pack pack is a must for us
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 20, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

We managed well on $100 average per day for 3 adults last summer. Most days we had breakfast in the villa, something like chilli cheese fries in the parks for lunch and somewhere like Cracker Barrel or chillis for dinner. Sometimes we just got something from the supermarket for dinner instead of going out. We had iced water in the parks from Starbucks.

We didn’t feel we went without and some days were more expensive than others and was happily surprised by $100 average. I think it all depends on the kind of places you want to eat.
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Steveje
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

For a quick breakfast on way to parks we found the mcdonalds near sherberth road shortcut ideal. 10-12 dollars for three of us. Dont want too much or you are too sluggish in parks and going quick service your not paying tips which to be honest are ridiculous and add up substantially over the holiday.
Steveje is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List