Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 28 Feb 20, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
If you are talking about Sanford I Would happily take the refund as the lounge is half the size it once was
Saratoska is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

My understanding is that they gave now removed the “perk” Of lounge access

headforpoints/2019/0...lounge-access/
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
allymc316
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
My understanding is that they gave now removed the “perk” Of lounge access

headforpoints/2019/0...lounge-access/
The link is related to Norwegian. This thread is TUI -Thomson Airways.

Seems to more common, with so many airlines offering lounge access and nowhere near the capacity required this in inevitable. At least you got some money back OP
allymc316 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
jmagla
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by allymc316 View Post
The link is related to Norwegian. This thread is TUI -Thomson Airways.

Seems to more common, with so many airlines offering lounge access and nowhere near the capacity required this in inevitable. At least you got some money back OP
Yes, I think so, my brother is flying TUI in early April from Manchester and they got the same lounge cancellation email we did...
jmagla is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Boyle73
Imagineer

Mobile

What lounge do they use at Manchester?
Old 1 Mar 20, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
stevekath
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Boyle73 View Post
What lounge do they use at Manchester?
It can vary but we had the Escape Lounge in 2016 and 2018.

We didn't get lounge access with TUI last August. We were only told at check-in. They told us an area of the Spinning Jenny Restaurant would be set aside for us and breakfast provided - but it was a shambles TBH. The restaurant staff hadn't been informed and took ages to cordon off an area and the restaurant seating was hardly the same as comfy lounge seating. The staff took ages to bring a menu. We had already eaten at the Hilton, wasn't bothered about food so we left. T2 was really busy so there wasn't a lot spare seating but luckily DH has a sunflower lanyard due to health issues (one of the reasons we use PE in the first place) so we were able to sit in the special assistance area until it was time to board.

Hoping it improves when the T2 work is completed

stevekath is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Boyle73
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by stevekath View Post
It can vary but we had the Escape Lounge in 2016 and 2018.

We didn't get lounge access with TUI last August. We were only told at check-in. They told us an area of the Spinning Jenny Restaurant would be set aside for us and breakfast provided - but it was a shambles TBH. The restaurant staff hadn't been informed and took ages to cordon off an area and the restaurant seating was hardly the same as comfy lounge seating. The staff took ages to bring a menu. We had already eaten at the Hilton, wasn't bothered about food so we left. T2 was really busy so there wasn't a lot spare seating but luckily DH has a sunflower lanyard due to health issues (one of the reasons we use PE in the first place) so we were able to sit in the special assistance area until it was time to board.

Hoping it improves when the T2 work is completed
Thank you! We normally just use Frankie & Bennys so not a big deal for us if there is no lounge. Intrigued more as to which lounge it could be.

Thanks again.

Lesley
Old 2 Mar 20, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MENTALMUM
Very Serious Dibber

I would not be happy if I found out at check in that there was no lounge access, it takes away any chance of booking myself. We fly 17th April, not had an email to say it isn't available so I will just have to keep my fingers crossed.
MENTALMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

We go in early April and have not had an email yet. There only appears to be one lounge open at T2 at the moment and it was fully booked anyway when I tried to do a dummy booking.
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Boyle73
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by wdw-wanderer View Post
We go in early April and have not had an email yet. There only appears to be one lounge open at T2 at the moment and it was fully booked anyway when I tried to do a dummy booking.
I’ve just done a dummy booking for my date (16th May) and it comes up with the escape lounge. I’ve used that one once before and can’t say I was that impressed but will likely pop in and see what the breakfast offering is and then decide.

Do I get fast track through security with TUI Premium?

Lesley