Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 2 May 11, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post

lake buena vista vs international drive

just wondered if anyone has stayed in the lake buena vista area ? if so how far away is it from international drive , universal etc ? or would we be better staying on international drive ? many thanks ! hoping to go september ! whoop whoop
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 11, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi
I prefer Int Drive. Its got the trolly bus thats really cheap that goes up and down all day long. Lots more restuarants and its cheaper. When I went approx 10 years ago the TGI's menu was cheaper on Int Drive also. You also have Sea World at one end with the Premium Outlet mall and the other end youve got Universal x 2 also wet n wild. You can just leave the car at the hotel and walk it if you dont want the bus. But if you want me to be honest I prefer a villa everytime to a hotel. More freedom, own pool but then you have to car it every where. Depending how many there is of you its my first choice every time.

Hope this helps
Old 2 May 11, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucien21
Very Serious Dibber

Lucien21's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
LBV is obviously closer to the Disney area than Universal.

I stayed in the Marriot hotel on Vineland Ave a couple of years ago and it was easy to walk to DTD or get the hotel shuttle bus to the Disney sites.

To get to Universal it was about $15 for a taxi or I walked to Premium Outlets and got the i-trolley up i-Drive.

LBV and IDrive are about 9-10 miles apart.
Lucien21 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 11, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post

thanks for the replies guys , we did start to look at villas but as theres only 2 of us thought hotel would be better must admit loooking at virgins website prices seem to of gone up alot since we went 2 years ago lol
Old 2 May 11, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post

We have been twice before. Stayed at Lake Buena Vista the first time and Kissimmee the second time. Have been to International Drive to visit shows etc but never stayed. there. Personally I didnt like the look of it! LBV seemed alot nicer to me and there were lots of good restaurants. Staying at LBV this time seeing as we have sorted the car problem out thanks to the DIbbers! Hope you find something you like!
Old 2 May 11, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It depends on where your focus is. We prefer Lake Buena Vista because it's closer to Disney and generally I think it's a nicer area. It's just off the interstate so everywhere else is handy if you have a car. It has all the restaurants you need and Premium Outlets.
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 11, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks-Mum
Excited about Disney

Will you have a car? Is so either will be fine. LBV is a nicer location IMHO but I-Drive has more night life. We have stayed in both locations. LBV would win every time for me, it's on Disney's door step and an easy 20 mins up the interstate to Universal and 10 mins from Sea World.
Tinks-Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 11, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post

thanks guys will def have a car ! have been looking on virgins website for september and not alot of chice of hotels at the min ! did fancy staying somewhere different really we normally spend most of our time around universal rather than disney parks !
Old 2 May 11, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
philinmerthyr
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cleave12345 View Post
looking on virgins website for september and not alot of chice of hotels at the min
Why not do a DIY. You get more choice and can often save some money. We booked our flights through Opodo and hotel through Alpharooms. More to keep a track of but a better range of options.
philinmerthyr is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 11, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by philinmerthyr View Post
Why not do a DIY. You get more choice and can often save some money. We booked our flights through Opodo and hotel through Alpharooms. More to keep a track of but a better range of options.
if its Sept this year, you'll do well to get a good price on flights (I've been trying for november and can't beat the package prices... )
Closed Thread