Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 19 Feb 15, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
SO beautiful! Thanks for sharing
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 15, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
How fantastic to be eating breakfast & whale watching at the same time
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 15, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Thank you - we were so lucky with managing to bag that seat for breakfast.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 15, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
I would love to have a breakfast like yours - whale watching, amazing.

Your photos are breath taking
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 15, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Originally Posted by 1972 View Post
Thank you - I took hundreds of photos on Tracy Arm Day. It is amazing how close you can get to everything. It really is a cruise and scenery we will never forget.

A note about taking photos on a ship - don't do what one of the passengers did while we were at Tracy Arm! They were taking photos with their iPad and dropped it overboard! They expected the ship to stop and fish it out, which they obviously didn't!

Some people are unreal!
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 15, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Originally Posted by juliab View Post
I would love to have a breakfast like yours - whale watching, amazing.

Your photos are breath taking
Thank you - it was definitely one awesome way to have breakfast!
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 15, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Jesslydevie1
Very Serious Dibber

Hi just ready your whole trip report so far tonight and all I can say is wow wow wow I think I might have shed a tear whilst looking at your photos of the Rockies ,can I ask how did you even start on this type of holiday how did you know where to stay etc and did you do it DIY ?
Old 23 Feb 15, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jesslydevie1 View Post
Hi just ready your whole trip report so far tonight and all I can say is wow wow wow I think I might have shed a tear whilst looking at your photos of the Rockies ,can I ask how did you even start on this type of holiday how did you know where to stay etc and did you do it DIY ?
Thank you!

The photos don't do it justice - it really has to be seen in person!

We had been lucky enough to visit Florida a number of times and the last time did a 3 night Disney cruise to the Bahamas which we loved.

We all decided though that we needed to give Florida a miss and do something else. As you can see from my report, I love taking photos, so we decided we wanted to do something with some scenery but still getting a Disney fix!

So we booked our cruise to Alaska before anything else, so knew we had to fly to Vancouver.

We then tried to decide what to do for the week before the cruise. Lots of people suggested we just spend time in Vancouver and Vancouver Island, but we felt we would like to see some of the stunning scenery.

Although people were really helpful in their suggestions an we appreciated their comments, some said we would not have much time and it would be a rush to do the Rockies.

We felt that if we were going all that way, we wanted to see it even if it was brief.

So we decided to bite the bullet and drive from Vancouver into the Rockies on our first day and are glad we did! We will never forget the scenery - breath taking!

I looked at trip reports on here and looked at a map and tried to plan it from that and yes we did it all DIY.

This year we are doing a 3 week road trip on the West coast and getting our Disney fix in LA!

If you have any other questions, let me know.