Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 9 Oct 16, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
robashmee
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Disney sale?

Hi

Do Disney ever have any sales?.
We are booked at CBR next summer for 5 of us. I know the room will be a tight squeeze, but we don't spend much time there, only sleeping really. However, getting more concerned and thinking about a 1 bed villa at OkW. However, at the moment, not sure I can justify nearly double the cost.
Is it likely there will be a room reduction sale?.
Thanks
robashmee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 16, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Not for OKW. It's already discounted for next year with the free dining offer. Once free dining ends there will be nothing then Disney will most likely have a new offer that may or may not be a room discount. If OKW is discounted it will probably be to around the price it is now but you wouldn't get free dining too. Personally I think the price OKW is now is the best you'll get.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 16, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweetie Babes
VIP Dibber

Sweetie Babes's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 32

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
As it happens, I've just come off the phone with Disney UK. I have added an extra night to our booking for next September. While looking at my original invoice to work out how much adding a night would be, I saw that my gift card is for $200. I thought it was, but everywhere I look I see they're offering $100, so I asked the guy about it. He said that all bookings made before 1st July got $200. Those made until 20th October will get $100. Those booking until 31st October will get no gift card but will get the free dining.

Now the important bit: bookings made after 1st November will not get a gift card or DDP but WILL get free nights. He wasn't sure how many, but on 14 nights he thinks it would be 2 nights free, so basically 1 night free for every 6 you pay for.

I don't know whether this information helps at all.

I must make a fairly important observation, though (which may or may not be crucial for your particular family). Most of the 1-bedroom villas at Disney only have one toilet, even though they may have divided bathrooms. Kidani Lodge has two, but that's right up there as one of the most expensive places to stay because it's basically DVC accommodation.

If you can't afford OKW (which, with SSR is actually the cheapest deluxe when paying OOP), have you considered a suite at AoA? That has an ensuite to the bedroom plus a second bathroom in the main living area. Okay, you won't get the free dining but it is an absolutely gorgeous resort and far nicer than the suites at All Stars. The disadvantage is that it's classed as a 'value plus' resort and is quite pricy in comparison to Pop Century across the lake.
Nov03: 14nts Travelodge/ Feb05: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Aug06: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Apr08: 10nts villa White Oak Circle/ Feb11: 14nts condo Sweetwater Circle/ Feb12: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb13: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb14: 7nts CBR/ Mar15: 14nts AoA/ Nov15: 7nts OKW(DVC)/ Aug16: 2nts BLT/ 6nts AKL/ Sep17: 8nts OKW/3nts BLT/ Sep18: 1nt GFV/9nts OKW/ Feb19: 5nts POR/3nts GFV/ Feb20: 8nts AKL/ Apr22: 3nts OKW/8nts GFV / May23: 9nts BLT / Apr24: 14nts villa Seasons Blvd
Sweetie Babes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 16, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Momofboys
Imagineer

Momofboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by robashmee View Post
Hi

Do Disney ever have any sales?.
We are booked at CBR next summer for 5 of us. I know the room will be a tight squeeze, but we don't spend much time there, only sleeping really. However, getting more concerned and thinking about a 1 bed villa at OkW. However, at the moment, not sure I can justify nearly double the cost.
Is it likely there will be a room reduction sale?.
Thanks
There's 5 of us and we stayed in one room at POR and would do again, we didn't have any problems, you don't spend a lot of time in the room anyway. We were like you and thought lots about upgrading, but OKW was always so much more we couldn't justify it.
Old 9 Oct 16, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweetie Babes
VIP Dibber

Sweetie Babes's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 32

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Would also add that CBR has the biggest rooms of all the moderates, so you'll feel less cramped with 5 in a room there. I don't think the murphy bed is full size, though, so it would need to be a child/young teen who slept in it.
Nov03: 14nts Travelodge/ Feb05: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Aug06: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Apr08: 10nts villa White Oak Circle/ Feb11: 14nts condo Sweetwater Circle/ Feb12: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb13: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb14: 7nts CBR/ Mar15: 14nts AoA/ Nov15: 7nts OKW(DVC)/ Aug16: 2nts BLT/ 6nts AKL/ Sep17: 8nts OKW/3nts BLT/ Sep18: 1nt GFV/9nts OKW/ Feb19: 5nts POR/3nts GFV/ Feb20: 8nts AKL/ Apr22: 3nts OKW/8nts GFV / May23: 9nts BLT / Apr24: 14nts villa Seasons Blvd
Sweetie Babes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 16, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Sweetie Babes View Post
As it happens, I've just come off the phone with Disney UK. I have added an extra night to our booking for next September. While looking at my original invoice to work out how much adding a night would be, I saw that my gift card is for $200. I thought it was, but everywhere I look I see they're offering $100, so I asked the guy about it. He said that all bookings made before 1st July got $200. Those made until 20th October will get $100. Those booking until 31st October will get no gift card but will get the free dining.

Now the important bit: bookings made after 1st November will not get a gift card or DDP but WILL get free nights. He wasn't sure how many, but on 14 nights he thinks it would be 2 nights free, so basically 1 night free for every 6 you pay for.

I don't know whether this information helps at all.

I must make a fairly important observation, though (which may or may not be crucial for your particular family). Most of the 1-bedroom villas at Disney only have one toilet, even though they may have divided bathrooms. Kidani Lodge has two, but that's right up there as one of the most expensive places to stay because it's basically DVC accommodation.

If you can't afford OKW (which, with SSR is actually the cheapest deluxe when paying OOP), have you considered a suite at AoA? That has an ensuite to the bedroom plus a second bathroom in the main living area. Okay, you won't get the free dining but it is an absolutely gorgeous resort and far nicer than the suites at All Stars. The disadvantage is that it's classed as a 'value plus' resort and is quite pricy in comparison to Pop Century across the lake.
According to the Disney website free dining ends the 3rd November. Normally there is not another offer immediately but it gets released around the end of December. I'll be interested to see if what the CM told you was true.
Disney always have their best offer at the start as they want you to book early. The free nights offer will be of use to those who don't really want to eat onsite much or if you want to stay in a deluxe and there's only two of you again it can work out better than free dining. In my experience though because OKW and SSR are already discounted during free dining it's the best deal you're going to get on those particular resorts.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 16, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread