Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 29 Mar 17, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Peachy pot
Proud to wear my Ears

Sunday lunch

Has anyone got a recommendation for a good restaurant/pub for a decent Sunday lunch around Manchester airport area?
Old 29 Mar 17, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Peachy pot
Proud to wear my Ears

Anyone?
Old 30 Mar 17, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
jclutton
Very Serious Dibber

The Romper on Wilmslow Road is a nice place, and if it floats your boat you can watch the planes take off and land too.
jclutton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Peachy pot
Proud to wear my Ears

Thank you. I'll check it out.
Old 30 Mar 17, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

another vote for the romper. There isn't too much close to the airport but if you're willing to drive 15/20 minutes away there are carveries I could recommend or you would find yourself at the Trafford centre in the other direction.
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 17, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Peachy pot
Proud to wear my Ears

We are willing to drive out a little bit as we will have plenty of time. I never thought about going to the Trafford centre. I'll look at that too. 👍
Old 31 Mar 17, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
jclutton
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Peachy pot View Post
We are willing to drive out a little bit as we will have plenty of time. I never thought about going to the Trafford centre. I'll look at that too. 👍
Not sure where you could get a Sunday Lunch in the Trafford center though, it is all chains like Giraffe, Pizza Hut, TGIF, Nandos and some Chinese and Italian places, you could get an early american fix at 5 Guys though, but it's not Sunday Lunch.
If you don't mind a drive try Wilmslow town center, Altrincham (Simon Rimmer from Sunday Brunch has a restaurant there) or Alderley Edge as there are quite a few really nice pubs around there. Alternatively try the Honey Bee on the way to Wilmslow on the A538 Altrincham Road.
jclutton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 17, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Peachy pot
Proud to wear my Ears

I did look at a lot of restaurant menus in the Trafford centre and your right jclutton, there doesn't seem to be anywhere that does a Sunday lunch. Think we probably have to venture out a bit further.
Thanks for the info, much appreciated.
Old 1 Apr 17, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

These pubs do a lovely carvery
almond-pubs

Or Wilmslow, Alderley have lots of nice pubs knocking around not too far from the airport.
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List