Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 1 Apr 17, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Gillybean08
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by Minnie Mum View Post
We are also staying at WL in Oct. We did Mickey BBQ last year and our daughter (3) loved it. We were wondering about Chef Mickey but need to reduce our list so that may go. We also enjoyed Beaches and Cream.
Really pleased your daughter enjoyed it it gets really mixed reviews but as long as DS enjoys it then it will be worth it I am sure. We are definitely planning on trying Beaches and Cream but I thought we would pay OOP and just order ice cream and save the credit, just hoping they do not serve the blue bubblegum ice cream my DS insists on ordering it and never eats it enjoy WL, we check in on the 4th November for 14 nights, a bit nervous about the boys having to share a bed I can see us buying a blow up bed from Walmart after the first night
Gillybean08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 17, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Gillybean08
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Thank you for all your advice Would love to try BOG but agreed it makes sense to use a quick service for breakfast and still get to enjoy the different rooms Think we will give Chef Mickeys a miss since so many rate it lower than the other character breakfasts and you don't really gain anything from an early adr unlike the park adr's for breakfast. I was really debating over Tepan Edo as so many people rate it so highly but with the food and wine festival on when we are there it seemed to make more sense to use our snack credits in Epcot? Chef Mickeys was planned for my DS's 5th birthday, would Ohana be a good alternative for that day? We plan on going to MK for Pirates League afterwards. Thanks again
Gillybean08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 17, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Smithy78 View Post
My final list (but likely to change! ) Its so hard isn't it?
I have DS7 DD5.

Breakfast
Garden Grill
Crystal Palace

Lunch
Tusker house ROL package
BOG-qs
CRT

Dinner
Ohana
Cali Grill
Sanaa
Teppan Edo
Hollywood and vine Halloween fantasmic package
BOG
Trex
Sci Fi diner

I also had whispering canyon, chef smiths home coming and chef mickeys on the list. As you are staying at WL I would take advantage of the easy access to the restaurants in the monorail resorts as you are so close.
We are going in October 2018 on free ddp so just booked and started to look at ts options.
I have not heard of the Hollywood and Vine Halloween Fantasmic package. What is this? Is it 1 ts credit?
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 17, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
pixie81
Imagineer

pixie81's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 92
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I would do BoG lunch and use a QS credit and also drop one of the breakfasts. Probably Chef Mickey's.
I was going to say the same
pixie81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 17, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
toffiness
Very Serious Dibber

toffiness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I am not a fan of Chef Mickeys or Garden Grill!x
toffiness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 17, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
toffiness
Very Serious Dibber

toffiness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Or Crystal Palace!
toffiness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 17, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Madfish
Imagineer

Originally Posted by toffiness View Post
Or Crystal Palace!
Shocking comment! It is probably our all round favourites and tend to go multiple times each visit. Cannot remember if we are going 2 or 3 times this summer.

But, each to their own...
Madfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 17, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

Drop chef Mickey. Tusker house similar characters but far far better.

Swap Crystal Palace for bog breakfast. Nothing to be gained now by early CP reservation...get in early for bog and you're in fantasyland in the 7dmt queue before rope drop has happened.

50s prime time also not for me. Would do a fantasmic dining package at mama Melrose instead..
Yacht Club October 2017
Contemporary October 2019
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List