Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 31 Mar 17, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
wellbehaved
Getting Excited

You can always make some toast in the room to keep you going til you get somewhere for a better breakfast. We always get some bread and butter from the shop at check in to see us over. You can also get milk and juice there.

Pam
wellbehaved is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 17, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Sweetie Babes View Post
As is typical of the DVC resorts, the back of the shop (opposite the check-in area at OKW) is given over to food and drink with chiller cabinets and even a frozen section. While it's obviously more expensive than a supermarket, if you don't have a car and would otherwise have to get a taxi, it will work out cheaper than going off site for necessary bits and pieces (milk, water, bread - and even wines).
I've always said this but some would rather traipse half way across Orlando insisting its cheaper to go and shop by car or taxi. Personally I couldn't be ...
I'm on holiday. I don't want to spend time food shopping. We place an order with the shop (we are DVC members) and it is all in the room when you arrive and cold and frozen stuff is in the fridge / freezer. You can walk straight in to your rooms and enjoy a cold beer or glass of wine as you unpack.

Edited at 09:45 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 17, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Is it a studio or a one bed villa you're in? Either way there is at least a toaster so you could have some breakfast in the room. Goods to Go has some breakfast items but isn't great and I would say Olivia's is a waste of a TS credit.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 17, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Perthite
Very Serious Dibber

Ta everyone. We are in a studio. I like the idea of getting some breakfast basics from the OKW shop then heading off early to the parks for EMH then getting either a late breakfast or early lunch.
Perthite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Lulu Belle
Apprentice Imagineer

This is what I'd recommend. The shop at OKW is well stocked. We only had dinner at Olivia's which was nice but I don't think I would use a TS credit there tbh.
Lulu Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List