Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 26 Jun 16, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
timnlaura
slightly serious Dibber

restaurant.com help

Ive tried googling and searching on here but i still don't quite get it.

at the moment there is an offer on their gift cards - $16 for 4 $25 gift cards...

Will these be for a specific restaurant or can they be used in a few?

I dont want to waste my money.

Thanks so much

Laura
timnlaura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 16, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post

I have bought from restaurant.com three or four times.

I think the deal you are talking about works like this:

1. Buy the e-cards
2. Keep them until you fancy picking the restaurant
3. Redeem them on the website for specific restaurants
4. Print out restaurant-specific certificate (or download to your phone?)
5. Take certificate to restaurant

You absolutely CANNOT take the e-giftcards into the restaurant, they must be redeemed in advance on the website.

Hope this helps.

In the past I have bought House of Blues certificates from restaurant.com. I used to see Bice (at Portofino) but not for a while now...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 16, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
kikimouse
Apprentice Imagineer

Also read the fine print. It's usually $25 for a minimum spend of $50, so if you buy 4 x $25, it would be for four different meals and not stacked on top of each other. There's five in my family so that is OK but it might be a struggle for smaller family units. I have my House of Blues certificate for the next trip - really worth it. HoB is fantastic!
kikimouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 16, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
timnlaura
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
I have bought from restaurant.com three or four times.

I think the deal you are talking about works like this:

1. Buy the e-cards
2. Keep them until you fancy picking the restaurant
3. Redeem them on the website for specific restaurants
4. Print out restaurant-specific certificate (or download to your phone?)
5. Take certificate to restaurant

You absolutely CANNOT take the e-giftcards into the restaurant, they must be redeemed in advance on the website.

Hope this helps.

In the past I have bought House of Blues certificates from restaurant.com. I used to see Bice (at Portofino) but not for a while now...
Great, i think i understand the egift cards now. That was my initial DUR moment. Do you happen to know if i could redeem 2 at once? i see house of blues just now is a £50 voucher.

Originally Posted by kikimouse View Post
Also read the fine print. It's usually $25 for a minimum spend of $50, so if you buy 4 x $25, it would be for four different meals and not stacked on top of each other. There's five in my family so that is OK but it might be a struggle for smaller family units. I have my House of Blues certificate for the next trip - really worth it. HoB is fantastic!
Thank you, we have 4 in our family, so that would be ok. Im now wondering if i should hold off for other more specific meal tho. Anything to save a dollar
timnlaura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 16, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

If you are lloking at House of Blues then it will probably work out better waiting for when they have a good discount on. I have previously paid about $8 for a $50 voucher - just keep looking
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 16, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post

[QUOTE=timnlaura;11745209]Great, i think i understand the egift cards now. That was my initial DUR moment. Do you happen to know if i could redeem 2 at once? i see house of blues just now is a £50 voucher.QUOTE]

Hmm...I've not done that so I do not know. Sorry.

We've done the $50 for HoB. You must spend $100 (at the restaurant) in order to use it. FYI, we were three last time - and the $100 bought 2 alcoholic drinks, 2 soft drinks, 3 entrees, 2 desserts and a coffee.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 16, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

bear in mind that some places wont let you spend your voucher on alcohol, so if theres only 2 people going with a $50 voucher, $100 can be a silly amount to spend on just food...
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 16, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
A good point about smaller Family Units.
The HOB offer is no good whatsoever if it's just my Wife and I as even with a drink we can't get near the $100 point - which is good!

If our Son is with us then yes it's a good deal.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

I have been trying to get a discount coupon for a few weeks for House of Blues and not having any luck .

Having had a look around on here, I've seen Dibbers talk about getting them from restaurant.com, groupon and also the Dine 4Less card.

As far as I can see, groupon have nothing and haven't in the time I've been looking (the last month or so). Since we go in 18 days, should I assume this one's a no go for our trip? Not used it before so not entirely sure how often groupon offer HoB offers.

Dine 4Less, the card which costs £10 (Orlando Attractions) and then saves you 20% on food only is an option but HoB is the only restaurant we'd use on the list of participating restaurants. Some of the lists I've seen don't include HoB so I'm a bit concerned it may have been removed (other threads have said restaurants come and go from the list regularly). So it doesn't really seem worth buying the card just in case I can't use it, especially as the discount isn't all that great after deducting the cost of the card.

The House of Blues offer page on restaurant.com has links to all the HoB restaurants included and as far as I can see, all of the links to the other HoBs across the country work, but the Orlando one loads up a blank page . Does this mean they don't currently have an offer on? And again, should I just give this one up as a bad job since we're getting close to the trip now, or just keep checking?

Here's the link, if anyone else gets anything load up for Orlando please let me know .

mobile.restaurant/chain/houseofblues
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List