Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 28 Mar 17, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Ponderosa

What are Dibbers thoughts on Ponderosas? Always make a visit whenever I'm in Florida
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 17, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post

It's not what it was. Run!
Old 28 Mar 17, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We went to the one just up from rosen inn @ pointe last April and it was fine... far from fine dining lol but we were cream crackered and it filled our tummies... and we lived to tell the tale.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 17, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
We went to the one just up from rosen inn @ pointe last April and it was fine... far from fine dining lol but we were cream crackered and it filled our tummies... and we lived to tell the tale.
Now closed!
Old 28 Mar 17, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Ilivehereorland View Post
Now closed!
im not surprised it was well due a refurb and by what a lot of people say too a new chef 😂😂, but it was what it was and I have eaten worse but I've also eaten a lot better.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

i find all of these sort of places (poderosa, sizzler, etc) serve a purpose, and as long as you set your expectations accordingly, you wont be too disappointed.

we usually do one or two trips to these places per trip... usually for breakfast, where you get all the bacon you can fit down your gullet, rather than ihop/dennys/etc where you only get 4 slices (or whatever) for your $10

and as long as its relatively busy, the food is fresh... especially the more popular breakfast items!
wanye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
bella9
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
i find all of these sort of places (poderosa, sizzler, etc) serve a purpose, and as long as you set your expectations accordingly, you wont be too disappointed.

we usually do one or two trips to these places per trip... usually for breakfast, where you get all the bacon you can fit down your gullet, rather than ihop/dennys/etc where you only get 4 slices (or whatever) for your $10

and as long as its relatively busy, the food is fresh... especially the more popular breakfast items!
I agree, plus, for those on a tight budget, they're worth a try - even for one visit. We like Golden Corral - yes, I know, I know, but each to their own. We try a mixture of places, and are always on the look out for somewhere new/different. That's the beauty - choice.
bella9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by bella9 View Post
I agree, plus, for those on a tight budget, they're worth a try - even for one visit. We like Golden Corral - yes, I know, I know, but each to their own. We try a mixture of places, and are always on the look out for somewhere new/different. That's the beauty - choice.
Golden Corral isn't a budget option anymore. Their prices are the same as a decent restaurant these days.
Old 29 Mar 17, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
bella9
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Ilivehereorland View Post
Golden Corral isn't a budget option anymore. Their prices are the same as a decent restaurant these days.
Really? OK, we haven't been for 3 years, so things have changed. However, if it's the same offerings, I still think the value is excellent.
bella9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I absolutely cannot stand Ponderosa. The food is dreadful...I've never been one to turn down a dessert, but I made an exception at Ponderosa. We steer well clear.
Reereef is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List