Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 13 Jan 15, 01:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Stunning Scenery, wildlife and our "Wonder"ful Disney friends! - Rockies & Alaska Aug 2014 - Day 7

Saturday 23rd August

We woke to a lovely sunny morning and had breakfast in the hotel and we were on the road to Vancouver by 9am.

The temperature was 17 degrees and by the time we got to Vancouver about 3 hours later it was 29 degrees.

We stopped off for lunch at Olive Garden. We all love this place since Martin and I discovered it when visiting Florida in 1997. The unlimited salad is lovely and the unlimited bread sticks are to die for!

We then went to Lynn Canyon. It took a little while to find, but it is FREE suspension bridge and water falls.

When we got there we saw that there were some fire engines there and didn't know what was going on.

We walked over the bridge which was a bit scary and walked down to where there were lots of people.

It was a hot Saturday afternoon and was obviously a very popular place to be at a weekend.

There were people jumping in the canyons despite lots of warning signs about how dangerous it is and about fatalities.

When we went back over the bridge, it was VERY scary as there were lots of people on there and everyone stopped and people were jumping making it rock.

We noticed that people were using the water fall as a water slide. It was quite an ingenious way to use it, but dangerous all the same.

When we got back up there was a fireman being interviewed by a news channel about a girl hurt jumping in that afternoon. He said that because of where the accident had happened, they had to lower firemen down with a rope and bring her back up. She had fallen and hurt her ankle. Thankfully she was OK.

We watched them film the interview and when we watched it on TV, there was not much from the fireman at all. Here is the link to the article and news report.

cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...nyon-1.2745143

It really is a lovely place to go rather than paying to go on the other suspension bridge.

There was lots of traffic over bridge to the other side of city, so we went another way into city and had to drive through a notorious drug and prostitution area which was a bit of an eye opener and did make my youngest daughter feel quite uneasy! I obviously didn't take any photographs, but here are some from google images to show you what it was like. This carried all along for quite a few blocks. I saw women walking around half dressed and someone clearly injecting drugs in the afternoon.

Thankfully our hotel was out of this area, but we decided to take our hire car back early while I took girls to pool as we would not be using it on Sunday and didn't want to waste the morning sorting that out.

While Martin was walking back, he was approached and asked if he wanted any gear!

We went for a walk down to water front and looked at the cruise terminal.

We experienced Tim Hortons for the first time which was very nice.

We walked back to the hotel and could hear the Ed Sherran concert and wished we had got tickets!

Stunning Scenery, wildlife and our "Wonder"ful Disney friends! - Rockies & Alaska August 2014 Index

Edited at 11:15 PM.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 15, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

It's really sad to see how those people's lives have ended up .

We went on the wobbly bridge when we went but I couldn't cop with it, I'm not scared of heights its more of a balance thing with me, something to do with my ears, I can't even manage with the teacups in MK

That waterfall looks beautiful
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 15, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
It baffles me how people do silly things in the water like that. Doesn't matter how hot it is, it really can be so dangerous.

I don't think I would have managed that bridge!

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 15, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

The bridge was ok until people started bouncing!

Up to day 11 up now.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 15, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
bridge looks scary
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 15, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

It wasn't too bad, but the thought did cross my mind what would happen!
Old 22 Feb 15, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Don't think I could gone across that bridge, well not with everyone jumping and rocking it!
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 15, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Originally Posted by juliab View Post
Don't think I could gone across that bridge, well not with everyone jumping and rocking it!
It was OK going over as it wasn't very busy, but coming back was a bit scarier! I just told the girls not to look down!