Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 May 19, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
2020holibubbles
Excited about Disney

Not yet tested in Florida 😉 (but will be next year) but as a mother to two redheads and being fair myself (and as a sufferer of sun allergy) we always use Boots soltan sensitive spf 30 (me) and 50 for the kids. I use the boots 3 hour swim for the beach/water parks for me and the kids!
This has seen us safely through numerous Caribbean trips including Mexico in July, and the canaries, so I can’t evisage it being any worse in the states.
2020holibubbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m very pale skinned, I don’t tend to tan just burn and then get more freckles.

For our last trip after reading all the recommendations on The DIBB , I swapped to Ultrasun (F50). It was brilliant, even in the scorching August heat I didn’t burn at all. My shoulders were even cool to the touch. Plus it didn’t stain my clothes. I’d highly recommend it.
Old 14 May 19, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
discostu
slightly serious Dibber

We dont have skin sensitivities though my wife is very fair skinned, but we always use Equate
discostu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by bernard301 View Post
we use use p20 and have done ever since we first used it in St Lucia 8 years ago, never had any problems with staining however we tend to apply as we get out of the shower, then sort ourselves out before getting dressed
Same here - we like it for many reasons but one is that my husband is relatively hairy and normal suncream just mats in his arm and leg hair.
Another is that it lasts all day and not too greasy. But you do have to be careful with white clothing - apply when out of shower and let it fully dry before dressing!
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 06:00 AM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

As another pale skinned, gingery haired, easily burned person have found the spray Banana Boat sport factor 100 is great and have now used it in a variety of very hot sunny and humid places and had no problems.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Tillyjcm
slightly serious Dibber

Another vote for Ultrasun. I was a bit dubious at first as no matter what I’ve used I’ve always burned or reacted to the ingredients. It can be quite expensive but so worth it, have never burned whilst using it and no stains at all on clothing.
Old 15 May 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
No idea what brand(s) we use but they will be SPF 50 and we take ours with us so we can put some on before we go in to the sun (rather than have to go shopping later).

One of the things I hate about going somewhere sunny is having to put on suncream - such a chore. Have to do it though.
Old 15 May 19, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Themousefamily View Post
We always buy the copper tone aerosols when we get out there - easy to apply and smells so nice. Never burnt but we are outdoorsy Devon people so live in shorts from may onwards 😋
We will get some of these when we are over there as they are really convenient. Not cheap though.
Old 15 May 19, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
stevo25
Very Serious Dibber

July 2017 I used "No Ad" no-ad/ spf50 and the spray type, I didn't burn at all, the type about not showering to avoid open pores etc is good advice.
I bought it in WalMart
stevo25 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStacey
Apprentice Imagineer

We use UltraSun and would never go back now - We have the factor 30 Family one (which is a cream) and the factor 20 sports one (which is more like an oil/gel).

We have never burnt while using either, and the biggest bonus for us is that we have never needed to reapply throughout the day. Some mornings I was applying my suncream at 6am and it still lasted me all day.

It is expensive, but well worth it.
DisneyStacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List