Notices

Old 1 Jun 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Man v Disney
Excited about Disney

Latest Update...well we survived Fastpass Day and got most of what we wanted. In other news we have changed a meal or two both on and offsite (for a change! ).

Rainforest has gone on our opening day and has been replaced by Ohana. We have never been to Polynesian so that'll be cool. This is something we have mentioned in previous posts and although there are elements we are not sure we will all like we have decided to give it a go, especially as its a new one to us.

Citircos is out too! This was one of our favourites last time and although it has ace reviews, the current menu didn't excite us as much and we decided to keep it as a brilliant memory, rather than it potentially not be as amazing. Le Cellier was the final choice to replace it - the menu looks good and while its not everyone's cup of tea it, like Ohana, it will be a new one for us.

Offsite, we have scrapped Bahama Breeze (menu not great and really overpriced) and Oh Charleys (closed down) and rather than 2 sweet tomatoes we are scrapping the opening one on arrival day for Cheesecake factory in Tampa. The new ones in are Kobe Steakhouse and First Watch. We are going to do Rainforest OOP with the $25 Landry's card where Cheesecake factory was originally and following watching Forrest Gump we are also doing Bubba Gumps, on a day when we only had a QS onsite.

All these changes have my mind in a spin and the days we are eating in each place have changed a lot in the last month or so. I imagine our order will be fine tuned again and once its done we'll put a picture of our food plan up!

Fastpasses were generally successful for us, we mostly got what we wanted. FOP was a bit later than we hoped for, however we had no luck with Slinky Dog Dash, even on the 60 day deadline, so that will have to be the first ride one day unless we manage to find a gap later.

The final term begins on Monday, which will also be exactly 7 weeks until we start our amazing adventure. Those weeks are going to be crazy busy and hard with some of the things we have coming up and spending time together for 4 weeks as a family in Florida will be one of the main things which keeps us going.

Until the next update / meal change...(Is it me or does our trip seem to be all about food ...)
Trip 4: 3 weeks Villa with Parks 2023
Man v Disney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Glad you were able to get most of what you wanted, though a shame on Slinky Dog, that is the one I am worried about getting with only 5 nights on site too.

I always find the juggling plans head spinning, I am at the stage at the moment of trying to work ours out ready for fastpasses!
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Man v Disney
Excited about Disney

Two weeks of school left! Two weeks... they cant go quick enough! Although we have so much to do in that time I hope they don't go too quick. I want to go away with a clean slate and know I'm not coming home to a list of jobs!

That Slinky Dog fastpass has continued to evade us, although we have managed to get what we wanted other than that. The kids have been keeping a track of the new rides on Youtube - Hagrid and Jurassic World - which look good. Although the queues for Hagrid are still looking crazy.

Han has booked appointments to have her nails, lashes and brows done. I am waiting until as close to going for my 'holiday haircut' - am I the only one who does that?

We have also finalised the arrangements for our journey down to Gatwick the day before. We'll head down, aiming for 4pm, to do Twilight check in. The short stay car park is expensive, so we are going to go to the Long Stay car park as you get the first two hours free. Hannah's dad is taking us down and will drop us off at our hotel after check in. We have booked a table at Chiquito's, which is a short walk away, for our final UK evening meal before we head off early next morning... thank you Meerkat Meals - 2 for 1 - love a bargain.

Packing is almost done and it'll just be the final couple of bits in the week leading up to going.

Unless there are any major changes, I expect this will be our last update. We have been looking forward to this holiday, but its fair to say that we have never needed one as badly as we need this. Since the accident earlier this year (mentioned previously) we have said goodbye to a close friend who lost his battle with cancer, aged 48, in June. We have had a few family injuries and illnesses, Hannah's apprenticeship deadlines have come thick and fast, the kids have been busy with end of term activities and shows for the theatre school they are part of. Over the last couple of weeks I have had all of the end of term assessments for my classes, as well as marking around 500 GCSE exam papers (we need to boost the spending money somehow )

This has meant that we have had very little time to be together as a family, and we really are looking forward to having some 'us' time.

Edited at 10:10 PM.
Man v Disney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I’ve just finished your 2016 trip report so I’m very glad that there’s another one coming imminently!

Safe travels and looking forward to keeping up with your hols!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Man v Disney
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by xuntitledx View Post
I’ve just finished your 2016 trip report so I’m very glad that there’s another one coming imminently!

Safe travels and looking forward to keeping up with your hols!
Thanks for reading the last trippie! I've reread it recently and it was great to remember the time we had there.

The next one starts on Monday, lets hope I can keep up like last time!
Old 21 Jul 19, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Man v Disney
Excited about Disney

The trip report is here:

Back once again like a Floriday Master - July/August 2019

Thanks for reading if you got this far!
Old 25 Jul 19, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

Great title although I can’t get the song out of my head now!
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 19, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Sounds like you are definitely ready for this holiday and it looks like a brilliant one! Going to start the trip report now
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List