Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Jul 19, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Quensabob View Post
It has to be Tower of Terror for us!
Same! It's our favourite
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Good luck for today all of you, just remember get what you really want first even if at a crap time, you can tweak it later.
Old 21 Jul 19, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneylover1981
Staying in the Castle

Mobile

Originally Posted by Astrid View Post
My day is tomorrow too!

Only got two days in WDW (on site) doing one day at Epcot and one at HS and I’ve now just notice my plans have gone awry as TOT and RnRC are both becoming tier 1.

Which one of the two would you pick? I love them both! Haven’t a clue what tier 2’s I will chose as nothing really appeals!
We have planned in 2 days at HS as we haven’t been since toy story land opened. We have chosen slinky and TSM and left the other 2. Waste of 4 fast passes but hoping we can pick more up on the day. We have no interest in shows.
Disneylover1981 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Originally Posted by Disneylover1981 View Post
We have planned in 2 days at HS as we haven’t been since toy story land opened. We have chosen slinky and TSM and left the other 2. Waste of 4 fast passes but hoping we can pick more up on the day. We have no interest in shows.
Beauty and the beast is lovely we have got 2 days too and ours are slinky dog ,beauty and the beast and star tours and Tower of terror and little mermaid and Indiana jones!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
If you don't want the big hitters there's no pressure at all. I did mine a couple of days ago and got the ones I actually wanted, rather than the ones that are popular and which people think you should get.
What a bizarre comment.

We book things we want as opposed to what others want. However...

- FOP. We've only ridden this once. We went to WDW in 2017 but had no intention to do so (literally booked the Beach Club from the Royal Pacific, for the very next day) so we had no FPs. We rope-dropped FOP but still had a very long wait to do so. We thought it was magnificent, so are keen to ride it a couple of times with FPs on this trip.

- SDMT. We thought this was massively over-rated on our first ride some years back, but it's grown on us and is now one of our favourites. However we have more FPs for family-favourite Big Thunder than this.

- Slinky Dog. A new ride for us so we're keen to FP it and avoid a long wait out in the blazing hot sun.

Part One
Part Two

Edited at 08:32 AM.
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Astrid View Post
My day is tomorrow too!

Only got two days in WDW (on site) doing one day at Epcot and one at HS and I’ve now just notice my plans have gone awry as TOT and RnRC are both becoming tier 1.

Which one of the two would you pick? I love them both! Haven’t a clue what tier 2’s I will chose as nothing really appeals!
TOT. As it's undergoing a refurb, it's operating on half capacity, so wait times for the regular queue are likely to be longer than usual.

RnRC can often be ridden quite quickly as a single rider if you don't mind being split up.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
discoclare
Excited about Disney

We wrote down what we wanted for each day, then we checked the Fastpass+ availability tool on here. That gave us an idea of whether available or not on each day, or if not available for a time we wanted (eg FOP, it was saying "evening only" for our first day in that park, which we suspected might be too late at the start of our holiday for our kids). We then re-wrote down all our selections in the order we were going to try for them. So starting, as others have said, with the headliners, and using what we had learnt from the availability calculator to guide us in which of those would likely be the hardest (anything not showing "mornings available").
We ended up getting everything wanted except FOP on our first day at AK as indeed, it was available but for 6.30pm and we thought the kids might be flagging with Jetlag by then so decided to get something else and try and rope-drop FOP with EMH. We do have another day at AK planned and got FOP in the morning for that day so will get to ride it one way or another.
discoclare is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Astrid
Imagineer

Astrid's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
TOT. As it's undergoing a refurb, it's operating on half capacity, so wait times for the regular queue are likely to be longer than usual.

RnRC can often be ridden quite quickly as a single rider if you don't mind being split up.
Thanks! That's helpful, I'll probably be on my own and didn't even think about single rider! TOT it is

October '89 - Quality Inn; March '99 & March '01 - Comfort Inn LBV; March '02 - ASMu; May '03 - Royal Plaza, Hard Rock & Polynesian;
December '03 - Grand Marriot, Hard Rock & Dolphin; May '04 - Dolphin & WDW Yacht Club
October '05 - Hard Rock & Villa; May/June '07 - Villa & RPH; Feb '09 - Villa; Oct/Nov '13 - Villa
April '18 - Hard Rock; Sept ‘19 - Villa
Astrid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

How did we all get on? I did surprisingly well! x
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 19, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Miss_Shell View Post
How did we all get on? I did surprisingly well! x
I’ve got nearly everything I wanted. The only things I didn’t get was fast pass for the last illuminations and the first Epcot forever although I’m not surprised. We will be at Epcot on those days so we will just have to brave the crowds! I also didn’t try for any of the toy story rides, I’m planning to get to HS for 6am-9am on EMH days and try that way, hoping that a lot of people will head to starwars land!

Edited at 12:48 PM.
boo2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List