Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 May 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Anyone here a HR advisor?

After some help, inventive and forward thinking!

I am employed as a job share. We both work 20/20 hours.

How can I present a request to my employer for the job to be individual ( no extra hours so no costs incurred) rather than job share?

Please just comment if you have experience in HR so I can pm u with all the details.

Thanks
Old 19 May 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Ricky_Spanish
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I'm told this would require formal consultation unless the the other position is vacant, in which case just ask them. There has to be a business reason to support any form of contractual change.
Ricky_Spanish is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

It's slightly more complicated than that can I pm you?
Old 19 May 19, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

It often depends on the role as there are differences in a job share role and part time role
Old 19 May 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I used to work a job share and took on the whole role, the other person was redeployed in another role. This was in the NHS and some time ago.
Old 19 May 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

We both work part time in the emergency services and job share BUT I am retiring soon ( having completed my time! ) my job share will be remaining. I would like to return to the same position as a civilian. Therefore one of us would be Em Services the other civilian .
At the moment they claim it us one em services position divided equally 20/20 hours per week.
I am trying to write a report and looking for inspiration how I can suggest they could change the role across.
Old 19 May 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I don’t think this is an HR issue. You are retiring and wishing to start again with a new job. So you have no retained employment rights. I suppose the harsh fact is this would be convenient for you but may or may not be for the employer. Or your current job share who will be the person with the contract and all the rights I would think.
Old 19 May 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Will you be doing the same job?
Same hours?
Same pay as your colleague?

When half of the job share retires they need to find someone to fill it or they could insist that it becomes a full time role
Old 20 May 19, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Hi Thank you for all your responses. I totally understand what you all say but I think you've simplyfied the situation.
I appreciate I have no employment rights I understand they can say no ( C'est la vie) but it is something the Em services do and have done for others in my unique role, the only issue here is how they can convert 1 role into 2 part time roles, 1 is em services 1 is civilian. Therefore as they do convert jobs it's not beyond the role of possibility my question is how can they convert 1 role worked by 2 people on similar contracts ( I am on more at the moment due to time served, almost double my job share) to a job still worked by 2 people where I will be on lesser pay ( so they win there) Only my job share will still remain in the Em services and I will become a civilian.
To put in simple terms one of my roles in the job is so unique there are only 2 of us in the County and it's a very big county !

Thanks
Old 20 May 19, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

They will need someone to fill the post but it won't become a full time post as my job share has young children and she will not be forced out. Therefore a part time post is still available. I appreciate talking Em Services ( Police) is different to most organisations I'm after ideas how I get around 1 post being divided by a police officer and a civilian because at the moment it's covered by 2 Police Officers. Is it easy to divide a post like this?