Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 16 Jul 19, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Siddex
Very Serious Dibber

Siddex's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We are attempting this, my son (and I - to be fair) is a massive Star Wars fan. I tried to swerve it as this is our only scheduled day in HS, but the group voted to go. It will be good to experience the opening of a new land like that, but dont expect to get near the ride!

We are aiming to hit the queue around 4.30am.
Siddex is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I cannot understand why anyone would want to put themselves through this.

It will be so hot and unbearably busy.

No thank you!
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
It will be full of Vloggers trying to be the first
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
WendyWilson
Imagineer

WendyWilson's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
DH couldn't believe it when it was announced opening day was 29 August and we would still be there (flying home on 31st).

We're staying at OKW and our plan is simple:-

Get up at 4am (with DH, DS & DD)
Get ready
Leave OKW on the first available Disney transport
Arrive at HS with the masses
Queue for GE
The end!

It's all my DH's idea - he loves Star Wars and is a huge fan. I cannot be bothered with it all tbh but I will go along with his hair-brained plan and see where it gets us. I dare say it will be an absolute nightmare but we'll see how it goes.
Old 16 Jul 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Bottom Line if you a real SW fan then you gotta do it or regret it for the rest of your life (DH's opinion) Until we know how/what they are doing about crowds/lines etc we cant really plan much. We will be there on the 2nd week after it opens so will know more by then. Our first Park day we will be up at silly o'clock anyway so may just as well get on the first bus and see what happens. Have told DH I am personally not queuing for 9 hours so will attempt to get some FP's for that morning to do alone if needs be. Thats my plan but then again I may well get caught up in it all ...
Old 16 Jul 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mysteryjimbo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
... regret it for the rest of your life ..
A bit strong

I'd only regret it if I wasn't planning on going back.
Old 16 Jul 19, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
bluedave
Imagineer

We thought about it as arrive in Florida the day before so the early start wouldn’t be an issue. Having looked at the theming online at Disneyland none of my family were really that inspired so we’ve now decided to avoid Disney altogether during our holiday.
bluedave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sharpers42
Trying for More Ears

We are going to try and do the early queue up. We leave on the 31st but our two boys want to try and get in if possible. Its unlikely we will be back for a few years so giving it a go!
sharpers42 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
TGT
Imagineer

I did opening day (or second day, I can't remember) at Hogsmeade and that was crazy (coincidentally, hadn't initially planned it - boy that was hot - probably in line 3 or 4 hours? Fortunately my mom was allowed to wait by the entrance in the shade, but once in it was 45min wait to get into each shop!)

I don't do 4am for anyone, least of all a jam-packed park full of folks in August so, unless WDW comes up with some magical system I'll skip it in August and go back another time. I love original Star Wars, especially the Millenium Falcon but not enough to bother with this. I'm getting too old and grumpy.

Di Gorton
http://www.villasoutherndunes.com

Villa Southern Dunes

Modern Disney-themed villa in the Southern Dunes golf community * Private heated west-facing pool * Sleeps 10* Room for all with sofa, dining & poolside seating for 10 * 2 ensuite doubles (king & queen) * 2 Disney-themed twins * 2 Lounges * 7 Flatscreen TVs * Great games room & amazing dressing up rail

Click >here< to see our Dibb Advert
Email: info@villasoutherndunes.com Florida State License: DWE6312923

Edited at 02:28 PM.
TGT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Originally Posted by SMAX View Post
It will be full of Vloggers trying to be the first
No they will all get access at the annual pass or media event before opening!😉😀

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023

Edited at 03:34 PM.
Quensabob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List