Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 17 Jul 19, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Pluchesteven1
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile Magic Bands & swim Parks

Just a simple question because i can’t seem to find any info about it... Can you use the Magic bands in TL and BB to pay food and drinks with? And... are they waterproof?
Pluchesteven1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Gipsy 4
slightly serious Dibber

Gipsy 4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Yes you can use them to pay and yes they are waterproof
Gipsy 4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
ohpair
Excited about Disney

Yes you can, my daughter managed to loose hers in typhoon lagoons lazy river 😬
ohpair is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

To clarify: you can only use them to pay whilst you are checked in to a Disney hotel. Off-site guests using Magic Bands cannot charge purchases to them. (Onsite guests can charge purchases to them everywhere, not just in the waterparks)
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Pluchesteven1

Mobile

Originally Posted by Caroian View Post
To clarify: you can only use them to pay whilst you are checked in to a Disney hotel. Off-site guests using Magic Bands cannot charge purchases to them. (Onsite guests can charge purchases to them everywhere, not just in the waterparks)
We are offsite... So you mean even if i link my MasterCard to the Magic Band i won’t be able to pay stuff with it? I ask this extra because english is not my first language (i’m a Belgian) and i want to be sure i got it right. 😉
Pluchesteven1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by Pluchesteven1 View Post
We are offsite... So you mean even if i link my MasterCard to the Magic Band i won’t be able to pay stuff with it? I ask this extra because english is not my first language (i’m a Belgian) and i want to be sure i got it right. 😉
Yes this is correct. Charging privileges on a magicband are only for those staying at an onsite hotel.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mattyped
slightly serious Dibber

Basically it's not contact less. It charges your room which it is associated to not the cc directly. They are working on a contactless payment band as we speak 2.5 due out in 2021.
mattyped is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

SORRY answer in french (also my primary language) for better comprehension for the poster (hopefully they speak french and not dutch :p )

Tu ne peut pas lier de carte sur un magic band.
la carte est liée à une chambre, le magic band en est la clé. Si tu restes offsite, tu ne pourras pas payer avec le MB

translation for rule compliance (I hope) :

You can't link a card to a magic band, the card is linked to a hotel room, magic band is the key to that room. If you stay offsite, you won't be able to pay with your MB
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
We are offsite... So you mean even if i link my MasterCard to the Magic Band i won’t be able to pay stuff with it?
Correct. You won't be able to pay for things using your MagicBands if you are offsite.

You don't actually link the Mastercard to the MagicBand. You enter it into your Disney account and can then use it to book dining reservations, events, and tickets *before* you arrive. Similar to how you can enter credit card details into an online shopping account (eg. Amazon) and then buy things using it.

When onsite guests are in WDW, they can use their MagicBands to charge things to their room. The credit card used for their room account can be different to the one in their Disney account - the two aren't the same thing.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Pluchesteven1

Mobile

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
SORRY answer in french (also my primary language) for better comprehension for the poster (hopefully they speak french and not dutch :p )

Tu ne peut pas lier de carte sur un magic band.
la carte est liée à une chambre, le magic band en est la clé. Si tu restes offsite, tu ne pourras pas payer avec le MB

translation for rule compliance (I hope) :

You can't link a card to a magic band, the card is linked to a hotel room, magic band is the key to that room. If you stay offsite, you won't be able to pay with your MB
Lol!😄 thx for your effort in french but yeah... we speak dutch! Sorry...🙂👍🏻 Merci beaucoup! Hartelijk bedankt and thank you very much! 😉