Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Aug 09, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
spoony
Apprentice Imagineer

spoony's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I went to DLP for the first time this year expecting a smaller more compact Theme Park experience (wasn't expecting a Disney experience particularly) and as a theme park its OK. I probably have no intention of going back for at least 5yrs and Orlando will probably be a 3yr cycle.

Florida is all about Seaworld, Water Parks, places like Clearwater, Cape Canaveral (or is it Kennedy), Universal Studios, cheap shopping and eating whereas DLP is on its own with no support so lacks that wow factor.

DLP its still OK it's just not WOW! .
September 2024 Last family trip to WDW
spoony is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 09, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Can I just add that I think Disneyland Anaheim is the best "Magic Kingdom" park that Disney have. (That we've been to anyway, HK and Tokyo are very much on our list!).

If we are talking about park vs park, then that wins
Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15
Vancouver and Pacific NW 16
Canadian and US Road Trip 18
The short hop over the pond trip report
The Long Trip Down Under trip report

Cannavar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 09, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Oops, that wasn't snobby to say that was it?
Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15
Vancouver and Pacific NW 16
Canadian and US Road Trip 18
The short hop over the pond trip report
The Long Trip Down Under trip report

Cannavar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 09, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Matt Charlton
Apprentice Imagineer

We've been to DLP three times - I prefer the Pirates of the Carribbean ride in Paris is better than the one at the Magic Kingdom. I also quite like the castle and some of the other bits and pieces that are different.

I found the general behaviour of the other guests - pushing in at character queues and things quite difficult. We've also had problems with prices and things. I remember the first time we went, we didn't have much money between us and it was a case of us saving money for the last day - we had enough to buy 2 hotdogs.

Lo and behold, the last day co-incided with the start of the school holidays and they price of the hot dogs was increased, we couldn't afford two so had to share one.

The last time we went, back in 2004, we managed to get flights from Leeds Bradford to Paris for £70 return for the both of us. I've tried pricing this up for a return trip a few times this year and both the cost of the hotel and the flights themselves have increased exponentially.

I just can't justify the cost when Florida costs not much less - plus with the exchange rate being like it is, it makes things even more expensive than they already were.

No snobbery here, I'd love to go back to DLP, just wish it were a little cheaper to do so. They should open a park somewhere in England, that would be fantastic ;-)
Matt Charlton is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 09, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by SC-owls View Post
Going to a bit controversial here, i get the feeling there's people on this forum who turn their nose's up at the thought of going to dlp, as though there's only one Disney. Ive read many people's replies about their thoughts on dlp and most of them are so dismissive of the place even if they've never been.Ive done both, and enjoyed them both, but for me going to Florida is not just about wdw and i think people mistake the whole Florida experience and try and compare that to dlp. Plus the last time i compared the prices £6000 approx wdw-£1500 approx dlp.Thoughts anyone ?
We went to dlp a few years ago. We loved it apart from the french. They hate the english or that was the impression we got. Very unfriendly considering it was children they were dealing with. Sorry this is just my opinion.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 09, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
birchco
Imagineer

birchco's Reviews
We have never been to DLP and have no desire to either. My son went to DLP with his school a couple of years ago, he said he liked it but it was nothing like Florida. Exactly that - Florida! This is the main reason we go to WDW because of its location! Also the service, the american people, and the weather come into it too!
I have heard from a few people that have been to DLP about the rudeness of the french and german people that visit and also the french staff too.
Old 11 Aug 09, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
jonnno
Imagineer

We came back on Friday and had a FANTASTIC time. For all intents and purposes we could have been in Florida as it felt no different. We were lucky as the sun was shining which possibly made a difference but it definitely had the Disney wow factor and gave us our Disney fix as we can't afford to go to Florida just yet.
1991 WDW Honeymoon - 2002 DLP - August 2007 Silver CreekTrip Report - August 2009 DLP surprise trip - July/August 2010 DCL Dover-Barcelona - August 2011 SSR/Rolling Hills/Fort Lauderdale - New Year 2015 DLP Sequoia Lodge - August 2015 Silver Creek/Clearwater
jonnno is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 09, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
KK_Cat
VIP Dibber

KK_Cat's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I've just been to DLP once but for us it cost almost as much as going to WDW (we stayed in the Cheyenne in DLP which is the 2nd cheapest Disney hotel but stay offsite in WDW which accounts for at least part of the difference in price, also we are in Ireland so flights to Paris can be expensive enough).

The main 3 reasons I continue to go to Orlando rather than return to DLP are:
1: The weather (more dependable in WDW) and
2: Price (WDW can be done for not much more so long as you are willing to stay offsite)
3: The lack of queueing and pushing and shoving in DLP drove me crazy compared to the organised queues in WDW.
Next trip: Nov 2023
KK_Cat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 09, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
VickieMH
Imagineer

I have not been to DLP, but I kind of have to agree that there may be some snobbery there if not intentionally... I love florida, Paris wouldnt have the universal parks or the weather.. that and the fact I priced it up once and it was near enough the same cost to go to florida?
Old 11 Aug 09, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Steve.S
Imagineer

Steve.S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi,i have never done DLP but would love to as DW would love to go to Paris,will def do it sometime
Steve.S is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread