Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Jan 16, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Deadlinesman
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by caspdex View Post
This is about Disneyland Paris.
Same rules apply then. Unless you're French etc. You know what I meant though. I'd say I'm certainly a 'foreigner' when travelling into Europe. Anyway, we digress.
Deadlinesman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 16, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I think classing it as stealing is a bit rude.i have paid for a breakfast after all and im not talking about taking bags full of food.just a couple of bits to eat about 10am.it is annoying to sit and watch people take the mick and load up sarnies when all ive sat there and eaten is a bowl of cereal or a croissant (and theyve probably paid a lot less for the holiday than i have as britain seems the most expensive place to book) so all i wanted to know is if i could take(not steal) a couple of croissants that if i was eating later i would have eaten anyway!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 16, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post

Sorry you're not liking the answers you've got to your question. There absolutely no need to try and convince us you're right. If you want to do it, then do it. You don't have to justify yourself to anyone.
Old 24 Jan 16, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Im not justifying myself at the end of the day i will do what i think is right once im over there im just saying in my opinion some people have been a little bit rude with there answers and even though everyone is entitled to there own opinion,i did ask after all,i think there are nicer ways of putting things!
Old 24 Jan 16, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
caspdex
Apprentice Imagineer

Why do you think it is alright to take things out of a DLP buffet to eat later, would you do it at a Premier Inn breakfast?
caspdex is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 16, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
dollydaydream7
Very Serious Dibber

dollydaydream7's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Yep if Id paid for eat and not ate it for one reason of another then I would have no problem taking it with me. I wouldn't go back and fill my plate up just so I could take it with me, but if it was there and I was full rather then chuck it Id take it with me.
dollydaydream7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 16, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
thehoggmeister
Trainee Dibber

This reminds me of a TripAdvisor review of an Extended Stay Deluxe in Orlando that had free breakfast. It had a lot of Disney staff staying on extended rentals. The reviews all complained that when new fruit and rolls were put out that a shout went out to tell the Disney staff staying who appeared like locusts and cleared the buffet to take the food back to their rooms to feed themselves for lunch and dinner. Needless to say we have not booked this hotel.

You can always ask the staff if it is OK to do and if they say yes then you have solved your moral dilemma.
thehoggmeister is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 16, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

No i wouldnt go back and take another plate full but if i hadnt eaten anything then yes as ive paid for it.i would like to just say to a cm can i have 4 croissants and some jam to take away and not even go into the restuarant area but im guessing thats not possible so i will look into eating later in the park or even going to emhs then coming back to hotel to eat breakfast later does anyone know what time they serve till in hotels?
Old 24 Jan 16, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Maggi68
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I'll hold my hand up and say we did it when we went to dlp. We stayed at the New York and had cereal and a few hot bits but took away a croissant or cake and a piece of fruit each to eat later. We didn't make up sandwiches or take meat/cheese etc but I had no qualms in doing it.
We also did this when we stayed at the travelodge in London last year and at premier inns when we've stayed there. They usually do mini muffins in wrappers or biscuits and fruit so we always take one each for later. I'm not being overly greedy and feel as long as you're not taking the mickey😂 it's fine.
Maggi68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 16, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill66
Apprentice Imagineer

Oh for goodness sake the poor woman asked a simple question, she's not going shoplifting she's probably paid a small fortune to stay there and if they don't eat a lot at breakfast time then what's the harm in taking a croissant or a piece of fruit for later? DLP is really expensive to eat out and she's already said she's on a tight budget, I'm sure people could be a bit more easy going and a bit kinder with their replies.

We were in Barcelona last week and saw an older couple making up bread rolls with ham & cheese and wrapping them up, putting them in their bag, so what! I've seen it happen in most hotels and I don't really care what others do, they're not taking it off my plate.

And no I've never done it but I don't judge people who do, they obviously have their reasons for doing it.
Gill66 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread