Notices
Guest Services Site Questions, a tech query or just want to test something.

Closed Thread

Old 23 Apr 18, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by stupet11 View Post
It's a nightmare for a sports club I run on my own with over 100 members who sign to join my club then the national body. Am thinking of closing the club and just making it a pay and play session, not collecting any info, just posting info on Facebook. Hopefully bypasses this.
... and that is why it becomes so frustrating

I am currently avoiding reading a 68 page document that is trying to make this apply to my work - it has weblinks inserted, so I am now on page 9 after 3 hours. I have dibbed as an avoidance tactic. Doing my box in but I am the person responsible in the end

Am at the flippant point of- everyone having a number, and nobody knowing what that number is - think that encapsulated GDPR in just a line!

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 11:51 PM. Reason: comma added
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Mobile

The document I was sent said you can be fined £10 million for non compliance!
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Andre
VIP Dibber

I've been idly musing about the fact that the rules now appear to include photos of yourself within the category of "personal information" that EU citizens can request to have purged.

First, this would appear to be in direct conflict with British copyright law which states that it is the PHOTOGRAPHER, not the subject, who holds the rights to any image.

Second, think of all the people in the background in any holiday pictures, trip reports, photopass shots, etc. If one EU citizen who happens to be clearly visible in the background decides that they want all photos of themselves purged from the internet, could this new new law be stupid enough to even try to enforce that? <head explodes>

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 -•- Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 -•- Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13, Aug 14, Aug 15, Jul/Aug 16, Aug 17, Aug 18, Aug 19... and coming next, Jul/Aug 20
Disneyland Paris: Many times since 1992, lost count! -•- Disneyland California: Aug 2011 (for D23 Expo event), Aug 2014

Edited at 09:58 AM.
Andre is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 18, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
A little over a week to go now. Any idea when we will have access to these (apologies if I've missed them):

- Creating an easy access facility for members to see exactly what personal information we hold about them and to outline the process for change or removal of personal information.

-Changing our Terms of Use, Site Rules and Privacy policy. Please refer to these regularly as they may change to comply with GDPR and any additional data protection laws the UK may pass as we leave the EU.

-Creating an optional opt-in facility for things like marketing, offers, newsletters, etc.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 18, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
And, as a follow-up, presumably if an existing member requests all of their data to be deleted, all their posts will also be completely removed from the site, even if it makes threads they've posted on a bit of a mess by the removal of posts?

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 18, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
How are you doing with your own web site Darren, do you have all your policies in place?
Old 16 May 18, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
How are you doing with your own web site Darren, do you have all your policies in place?
Of course not. That's why I'm asking whilst getting CTRL+C and CTRL+Y ready!

Part One
Part Two
Old 16 May 18, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Of course not. That's why I'm asking whilst getting CTRL+C and CTRL+Y ready!
Thought as much
unfortunately it won't be as simple as copy and paste, we have been working on this for months now and hardly any of it is generic as it relates to what individual sites/businesses do with the data they collect and each will be different.
Old 17 May 18, 01:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Andre
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
And, as a follow-up, presumably if an existing member requests all of their data to be deleted, all their posts will also be completely removed from the site, even if it makes threads they've posted on a bit of a mess by the removal of posts?
IF the posts don't contain any personally identifiable information then simply anonymising the username and clearing any saved IP addresses and email details ought to suffice. As long as what is left cannot in any way be traced back to an individual EU citizen.

But I'm sure the mad geniuses in Brussels will try to claim that even the fact that a person (voluntarily!) signed their first name at the end of a post counts as "personal information" - let alone listing their whole holiday information, dates, family photos, etc.

My own thought process on my site is to allow a user to remove any content that they wish to (by editing their own posts, at their own discretion, which they can do anyway) and then at their request I can then delete the account and anonymise any remaining posts. But my site is a lot smaller and an awful lot less full of potentially "personally identifiable" information than the DIBB.

Like most things that seem to come out of Brussels, the GDPR may have some good basic underlying ideals but it's been buried in a landslide of badly thought-out, over-bureaucratic Eurocrap.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 -•- Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 -•- Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13, Aug 14, Aug 15, Jul/Aug 16, Aug 17, Aug 18, Aug 19... and coming next, Jul/Aug 20
Disneyland Paris: Many times since 1992, lost count! -•- Disneyland California: Aug 2011 (for D23 Expo event), Aug 2014

Edited at 01:04 AM.
Andre is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Kelly1234
Excited about Disney

Hello one and all.

I am after some advice, and I was hoping someone could help.

My wife and I look after dogs in our house (more of a hobby than a money stream).

We get the booking when the dog owner phones up the franchise holder, who in turn allocates one of their carers to look after the pet whilst the owner goes on holiday.

When we meet the pet owner we have to take down their name and address etc.

I have now been told that I have to keep this information in a locked cabinet.

This I am assuming is so that only I (the key holder) has access to the information.

My question is, what is the difference between a locked cabinet, and a locked house.

Both of these only I have access to, only one is far larger than the other.

Thanks in advance

K.
Kelly1234 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread