Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile

Originally Posted by Disneymaddaddy View Post
Thanks so much for the tips

In the WB tour, do they see what shows are most requested and only go to those ones?

Thank you
No, they will take you round the whole tour and point out everything... But emphasise the ones the group want / like. Or at least that's how it seemed for our tour.
Old 9 Aug 16, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneymaddaddy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
No, they will take you round the whole tour and point out everything... But emphasise the ones the group want / like. Or at least that's how it seemed for our tour.
Oh ok, thank you

WDW Visited in 1992, 1995, 1997, 1998, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013
Disneymaddaddy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 16, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

I am considering Disneyland next year. No, let's be honest - I have decided on Disneyland next year and am now trying to convince DH that he wants to go, so I am looking forward to reading your trip report.

Have a great time!
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 16, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneymaddaddy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by clochette View Post
I am considering Disneyland next year. No, let's be honest - I have decided on Disneyland next year and am now trying to convince DH that he wants to go, so I am looking forward to reading your trip report.

Have a great time!
Thank you so much! Hope you have a great time WHEN you go to Disneyland!

Disneymaddaddy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 16, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Sounds a great trip You will love Bubba Gumps, we did it by accident on our "extra" day when we went. Just along from them is a Cheesecake Factory (well was 3 years ago!) Tortilla Joes was also great, I think the waiter there was the friendliest from the whole trip!

Warner Bros is great, if you are a fan of West Wing ask if they can point out Martin Sheens desk and the front of the shop/entry building is where Josh met Sam for lunch in one episode, we ate our lunch there too Great tour and we did it 2 years in a row and still learnt more!

We walked around the foyer of the Walt Museum but didn't go right in as short on time. Our hotel was the other fort on the other side of the Golden Gate, trying to fit it into our itinerary for next trip I wanted to cycle over the bridge too but 7 weeks post op not a chance, again another time perhaps

We are hoping to do Seattle to San Diego next year but not sure whether to include Disney it wasn't the same without the kids and is so expensive when I don't do many rides

Have a lovely time and look forward to reading about it when you get back.

Edited at 03:32 PM.
parisdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 16, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneymaddaddy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by parisdisneyfan View Post
Sounds a great trip You will love Bubba Gumps, we did it by accident on our "extra" day when we went. Just along from them is a Cheesecake Factory (well was 3 years ago!) Tortilla Joes was also great, I think the waiter there was the friendliest from the whole trip!

Warner Bros is great, if you are a fan of West Wing ask if they can point out Martin Sheens desk and the front of the shop/entry building is where Josh met Sam for lunch in one episode, we ate our lunch there too Great tour and we did it 2 years in a row and still learnt more!

We walked around the foyer of the Walt Museum but didn't go right in as short on time. Our hotel was the other fort on the other side of the Golden Gate, trying to fit it into our itinerary for next trip I wanted to cycle over the bridge too but 7 weeks post op not a chance, again another time perhaps

We are hoping to do Seattle to San Diego next year but not sure whether to include Disney it wasn't the same without the kids and is so expensive when I don't do many rides

Have a lovely time and look forward to reading about it when you get back.

Hi Julia, really looking forward to bubba gumps a place we always want to eat but never get around to it.

No way I can cycle over the bridge - although my right shoulder is now fully healed looks like the left one is on its was out now .

We will still enjoy it though on the bus and maybe we can bike across on another trip!

Enjoy planning your trip and will look forward to your trippie.

Old 15 Aug 16, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneymaddaddy
VIP Dibber

Short and non exciting update

Went to get our dollars and traveller Cheques on Saturday decided in the post office as all the BDC were offering the same rate near us and the post office has easier parking.

Goes to the bank to withdraw all our savings, head to post office to buy half in dollars and half in TC's following on from fellow dibbers saying that the TC's are easy to use in California.

the lady goes away and then comes back to say they have no TC's :angry: so she offers us a pre paid card which I had read about in the dibb and people getting ghost transactions on the card and either having to make expensive calls back to the UK or not resolving until they get back so I opt for all of it in cash, OH not impressed by this as he thinks it's too risky but to be honest on the spot like that knowing it was our last weekend before going I didn't really feel like I had a choice.

Gets home and counts all the money again and find a rogue $100 bill in with the $50's so we were $50 dollars up (helps a bit with the rubbish exchange rate)

Now worried about the cash I start to google personal safes, the hotel has one but I'm panicking now whether we should put it all in one place. I've ordered a 'safe box' from Amazon not sure if it will be any good but will send it back if it isn't.

I know I'm probably panicking over nothing but I'm sure as we are all planners I had it all sorted in my head to have the cash and T.'s and felt quite safe about that and now (in my head only) the plan has been completely changed

We are now 99% packed and I just need to get a small bottle of conditioner and some lip balms to chuck in the case last minute. I also brought a suitcase scale as I'm always the one trying to guess the weight and yep you guessed it, panicking about it.

So just 3 more sleeps to go