Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 13 Aug 18, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Amiee89
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Is it worth £2000 extra to get 9 out of 14 nights on site with ddp

Sorry for long winded post
Last time we did a split stay and this time we were going to stay in disney for 9 of the nights with free dining but its £2000 extra to stay in a moderate for 9 nights then at Rosen inn (have Rosen inn 14nights and flights booked anyway) is it worth it? Just think surely we wouldn’t spend that much on food and Uber’s in 9 days?. Breakie in room, snack dinner time then meal on idrive with kids eat free and coupons, Plus we at universal 4 of the days. 2adults, 3 children 7,6 and 2. Going end of april after easter. Advice please. X
Amiee89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
scarecrow
Imagineer

scarecrow's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Originally Posted by Amiee89 View Post
Sorry for long winded post
Last time we did a split stay and this time we were going to stay in disney for 9 of the nights with free dining but its £2000 extra to stay in a moderate for 9 nights then at Rosen inn (have Rosen inn 14nights and flights booked anyway) is it worth it? Just think surely we wouldn’t spend that much on food and Uber’s in 9 days?. Breakie in room, snack dinner time then meal on idrive with kids eat free and coupons, Plus we at universal 4 of the days. 2adults, 3 children 7,6 and 2. Going end of april after easter. Advice please. X
I would look at some Disney menus and pick out what food you eat and see how much you would spend on food.

Is the £2000 extra just for the accommodation and not taking into account the park tickets, or does that include the park tickets factored in.

I look at it that with the free dining for the cost of the park tickets I am getting free food. The Dibb reckons that so long as there are three or more in a room, then free dining is worth it.

Every year I run the numbers and compare off site v on-site and each year it is better value to stay onsite. If I was staying off site we wouldn’t eat as well for one thing, steak every night and desserts.(we have the full dining plan with a TS).

Don’t forget to factor in the cost of parking in the parks too. I think for 18/19 brits still get free park parking if booking in the UK.

For £2000 you are getting 2 quick service meals each, plus snacks, plus soda. Not including the baby that’s £55 per day each for food and far superior on site Disney accommodation, where you will save travel time.

The Rosen is a lot cheaper than the Disney hotels. For us, once we stayed at Disney with the dining plan, there was and still is no going back to off site.
1990. - somewhere on the 192,2006 - Country Inn and Suites LBK, 2007- LA and San Diego, 2008 - Regal Palms, 2009 - OKW, 2010- Yacht Club, 2011- DCL Magic - Med,2012 - Yacht Club, 2013 - Carnival Sunshine Med cruise, 2014 Carnival Breeze and the Yacht Club

Photo app trip reports Carnival Med Cruise and VA & BA UC & Club indexhttp://http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/reporter-index.php?userid=19933

Pre cruise Med http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...d+cruise+mouse

Edited at 09:11 PM.
scarecrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

Do you have to double book the hotels? I would chose onsite over off hands down with kids as young as yours. for me, staying on site saves lots of time and is much easier of you want to head back for a nap or rest. If you cancell the Rosen for the first nine days, how much will the moderate cost?

I don't think you will save money by doubling up on your room. But you may have a much more enjoyable time on site with three little ones.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Food for five (including character meals and snacks like ice creams) early entry to the parks and free parking instead of $22 a day... or Uber's (from where?)
The numbers probably work unless you choose to avoid eating onsite altogether .

Where this falls down is your existing package. Have you asked your tour operator or travel agent what it would be to either change some nights to onsite or remove the Rosen fora certain number of nights.

Edited at 09:21 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Depends on when you booked POR, if you have, as I know all the "cheaper" Free Dining rooms have gone & might be why there is such a disparity on pricing. Only you will know what your eating habits are, I can tell you that whenever I've crunched the figures, FD has generally worked out cheaper, not by the £100's they quote but enough to be better in my pocket than theirs! But a caveat to that is that I have always compared onsite with & onsite without. Not sure what Ubers cost but I know Mears were $35-$40 each way from Saratoga to Universal but realistically how many days out of those "9" would you go to Disney anyway?
Last thing to consider, in my view, is POR's closeness to Disney Springs, I really think that that cannot be overestimated- we have a week at AKL before moving to SSR, & that first week keeps throwing up "difficulties" due to not being able to just walk to DS when we want!
Sd
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Amiee89
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We cnt change our rosen in booking so have to keep the room for 14 days. Iv booked port orleans on a cheap desposit elsewhere, The £2000 cost is after park tickets. We have factored in 6 park days and would only be having the odd counter service to share and making use of the free water and snacks from walmart. Xx
Amiee89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
jenny1745
Apprentice Imagineer

I stay off site all the time and we would never spend £2000 on food and parking, we would average out out about 130 dollars per day for food, sometimes we spend less sometimes more. I think it depends on where you wish to dine yourself, that makes whether it’s worth it or not
jenny1745 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Amiee89
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

To me the holiday is all about enjoying the parks and local things so food isnt a big issue to us as long as we get fed lol x
Old 13 Aug 18, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Amiee89 View Post
To me the holiday is all about enjoying the parks and local things so food isnt a big issue to us as long as we get fed lol x
Have you looked at the value resorts? They’re a lot cheaper than POR but still with the perks of staying on site, plus they’re fun resorts our kids loved them. You only get the 1 QS credit per day but that might suit you better as you aren’t paying for food you don’t want.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Amiee89
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Were a family of 5. They allow max of 4 people unfortunately x