Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Sep 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
m444ach
Proud to wear my Ears

BA..anyone affected by the strikes how did BA handle it

We are due to fly on the 27th just wanting any info on how BA have handled swapping the dates for you..I've contacted them twice now and they couldn't be more helpful but until they actually cancel our flights they wont change without a fee..We have flights into miami with a night in a hotel (booked through BA) which I've told them we would be willing to change to go the day before just wondering if anyone had done something like this did they cover the cost of the hotel..
m444ach is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

I’m waiting to hear maybe tomorrow or day after, we fly 13th, back from Miami on 27th, constantly checking emails thought they were going to come to an agreement
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
kitbag
Getting to know the DIBB

We’re due to fly MCO to LGW on 27th and are waiting to hear still. Causing major anxiety here!
kitbag is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Unless something changes in the dispute, I would expect you will hear about cancellations in the next two days, if you’re due to fly on 27/09. BA has to cancel flights more than 14 days out, in order to avoid liability to pay EC261 compensation.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

Coming to an agreement? They've stripped the striking pilots of their ID90 discounts! (This is the 90% discount they get on many carriers, BA included, after they have used their staff travel concessions on BA each year). They've stripped this from the strikers for 3yrs if the media is to be believed.

I can see this one getting nasty, but BA will ultimately lose. Without pilots you cannot operate an airline.

I should add that UK based pilots & cabin crew can only fly 900hrs a year. Do the maths - they have plenty of time to use their staff travel / ID90 discounts.

Edited at 09:08 PM.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Robbies-tackle
Excited about Disney

We were due to fly on the 27th Edinburgh to Tampa via Gatwick booked using Avios and an American Express 2 for 1 voucher. I phoned a couple of weeks ago and a very helpful call handler put us on the same flights on the 25th at no extra cost.
Our car hire was booked through BA but on a separate booking and that was amended at the same time but I had to pay an additional £110 as he had to cancel the original booking and rebook. He gave me the link to claim this back and to also claim for the extra 2 nights villa costs. I’ve put a claim in for the car hire but not the villa cost as at the end of the day we’re getting an extra 2 days holiday.
Luckily for the first time in years we have a bit of flexibility in dates, in previous years we wouldn’t have been able to do this.
Robbies-tackle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
dave
Imagineer

Originally Posted by m444ach View Post
We are due to fly on the 27th just wanting any info on how BA have handled swapping the dates for you..I've contacted them twice now and they couldn't be more helpful but until they actually cancel our flights they wont change without a fee..We have flights into miami with a night in a hotel (booked through BA) which I've told them we would be willing to change to go the day before just wondering if anyone had done something like this did they cover the cost of the hotel..
Would be interested in the answer if it affects our flights in October. Same situation as you.
Sunset lakes 01, Weston Hills 03,Indian Ridge 04, Davenport 04, Westridge 06 & 07, Florida Pines 08, Lake Berkley 09, Windsor Hills 10, Emerald Island 12, Westridge 13, Legacy Park 15, Eagle Pointe 16, Loma Linda & Windsor Hills 17, Westridge 18, Bella Vida 19
FLORIDA MASTERS WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2015
HOLIDAY GENIE / TRAVELUP WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2016
dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Robbies-tackle
Excited about Disney

On the BA website “If you are travelling on one of the impacted dates, but your flight has not been cancelled, you can opt to rebook your flight at another time in the next 355 days. You can do that in Manage My Booking”. All the info can be found here britishairways/en-gb...st-information
Robbies-tackle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 19, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
m444ach
Proud to wear my Ears

Not sure if its because I have a hotel booked so it's a holiday package not just a flight but it doesn't give me those options even when I rang them they couldn't do it without charges..
m444ach is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 06:07 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by m444ach View Post
Not sure if its because I have a hotel booked so it's a holiday package not just a flight but it doesn't give me those options even when I rang them they couldn't do it without charges..
We are the same, flights, 2 hotels & car hire, we didn’t ring them the Hubbie said wait & see,
they are going to have to get us back I’ve checked there are AA flights that day, so fingers crossed or extend holiday
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List