Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Sep 19, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
Same here, there is absolutely no point now as it’s just turned into a game of one-upmanship for several posters and for that reason, I’m out.
Me too. I ‘popped’ into it a few days ago and made a couple of posts. Realised it wasn’t for me and got out 😳
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I totally agree to the OP. I would never think to pull someone up on spelling or grammar, but then mine isn’t great. If I don’t understand a post I don’t comment.
I also reluctantly post sometimes due to worrying I will get an aggressive post in reply. I’m very sensitive and sometimes it’s very upsetting.

I do unfortunately think it’s becomming more commonplace throughout life for people to be less tolerant. I only need to go for a 10 minutes drive to see that. 🙁

However what I do love about the dibb is when someone is unwell or family unwell and the love people give is amazing! 🙂
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Clairelovestate View Post
I totally agree to the OP. I would never think to pull someone up on spelling or grammar, but then mine isn’t great. If I don’t understand a post I don’t comment.
I also reluctantly post sometimes due to worrying I will get an aggressive post in reply. I’m very sensitive and sometimes it’s very upsetting.

I do unfortunately think it’s becomming more commonplace throughout life for people to be less tolerant. I only need to go for a 10 minutes drive to see that. 🙁

However what I do love about the dibb is when someone is unwell or family unwell and the love people give is amazing! 🙂
I agree the post in return for what I thought were helpful thoughts today and not posted in any way unhelpful was

'Thanks for your input, however your comments are irrelevant to my post and unhelpful.

That made me think!
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
Same here, there is absolutely no point now as it’s just turned into a game of one-upmanship for several posters and for that reason, I’m out.
Same here and I’m far happier for it.

Agree with the sentiment of this thread having a dyslexic daughter who was ridiculed throughout school.
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
I totally agree with Mr M and have now made a positive decision not to voice my opinion on the political threads any more, as there are known individuals who intimidate posters who take a contrary view. I think these threads should be closed, this is the dibb, it is disney and all things disney... this is why we exist.

As for grammar, i do think that some posters do not have english as their first language, and as long as i can get the general drift, i do not really care about spellling.

I do get annoyed however by factual inaccuracies such as Ohana’s... as there is no such place in WDW, last time i looked it was Ohana.

Disney332
It’s ‘Ohana if you wanted to be accurate 😉
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
I totally agree with Mr M and have now made a positive decision not to voice my opinion on the political threads any more, as there are known individuals who intimidate posters who take a contrary view. I think these threads should be closed, this is the dibb, it is disney and all things disney... this is why we exist.

As for grammar, i do think that some posters do not have english as their first language, and as long as i can get the general drift, i do not really care about spellling.

I do get annoyed however by factual inaccuracies such as Ohana’s... as there is no such place in WDW, last time i looked it was Ohana.

Disney332
Best approach tbh. Just let the threads become a self congratulating circle of agreement and die a natural death.
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SimonB View Post
Best approach tbh. Just let the threads become a self congratulating circle of agreement and die a natural death.
It's true, everything slips off the bottom in the end
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

I agree, I would never comment on someone’s spelling or grammar. I also dislike the it’s “WDW” not ”Disneyland” posts. Some people don’t know, or even, like me, don’t care - it’s all Disney after all. Be helpful, or scroll on by: if you can’t say something nice, don’t say nothing at all.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

I agree that generally criticising people’s spelling and grammar is unnecessary and rude.

I’ve seen posts in the past (although rarely) that don’t have any punctuation in and are almost impossible to read. In that situation I think it’s ok to ask for the poster to rephrase or clarify their post, but it should be done in a constructive way.

While I generally think my spelling and grammar is fairly good, I often look back at things I’ve posted on here and think “blimey, the way I’ve written that is totally clumsy”. Sometimes I edit, but more often I just hope that people can understand it as it was written!
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
I think it is time this was now closed as it could identify specific people and is not in line with the terms and conditions 3.4.

Let’s get back to positivity and encouraging others rather than picking holes and being negative.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread