Notices

View Poll Results: How accurate is Touring Plans room request?
100% - Always got the room I requested 2 4.26%
75% - Mostly got the room I requested 5 10.64%
50% 1 2.13%
25% - Rarely got the room I requested 0 0%
It's never worked for me 39 82.98%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 8 Jun 18, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Touring Plans accuracy

I know that some of you have used TP's to request certain rooms and I just wondered how successful you were?

I'm considering subscribing but first I want to see if it's going to be worth doing.

Thanks for the help!
Old 8 Jun 18, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We got very near our ak one but not our gf one last trip .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 18, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
We got very near our ak one but not our gf one last trip .
How far in advance do you have to contact them?
Old 10 Jun 18, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

We did two requests on the last trip and got neither but one was nearby. That said both rooms were fab so I'm not complaining!
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 18, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
I've done it 4 times and never got what I requested.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 18, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
How far in advance do you have to contact them?
A couple of weeks before if I remember rightly . You chose and then they do the rest for you.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 18, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

The problem with any faxed room request is a) May never find its way to room allocators, b) Allocators May ignore, they have no obligation to listen to TP. I’ve read sometimes they are binned, c) Requesting a specific room is a higher risk strategy, the hotels have 95% occupancy and would be reliant on it being empty. Depending on the motivation of the allocator, that could automatically mean it being ignored entirely.

Some would suggest asking for a more generalised room request, in an area for example, is more likely to be met for the above reasons.

TP can undoubtedly sometimes work, which then results in the people who get that exact room coming in forums to quite rightly say they got a fantastic result using it.

I suspect many of the people who used it and got put somewhere else don’t bother to come on and do posts saying on this occasion it didn’t work.

For these reasons I prefer to put in more generalised room requests direct with member services (DVC) or Disney. However doing this via Disney Travel Co U.K. is far from infallible as once at OKW on a cash stay they’d never even passed it on due to a system breakdown (got some nice compensation as a result, my FIL had just had a hip replacement). Thus I may be more tempted to use if staying cash booked via U.K. than DVC member services, but if booking on DVC I’d definitely always use member services.

Edited at 11:21 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 18, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by alkel2730 View Post
We did two requests on the last trip and got neither but one was nearby. That said both rooms were fab so I'm not complaining!
Which Poly building were you in? I can't remember if you said before?
Old 10 Jun 18, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
A couple of weeks before if I remember rightly . You chose and then they do the rest for you.
Thanks!
Old 10 Jun 18, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
The problem with any faxed room request is a) May never find its way to room allocators, b) Allocators May ignore, they have no obligation to listen to TP. I’ve read sometimes they are binned, c) Requesting a specific room is a higher risk strategy, the hotels have 95% occupancy and would be reliant on it being empty. Depending on the motivation of the allocator, that could automatically mean it being ignored entirely.

Some would suggest asking for a more generalised room request, in an area for example, is more likely to be met for the above reasons.

TP can undoubtedly sometimes work, which then results in the people who get that exact room coming in forums to quite rightly say they got a fantastic result using it.

I suspect many of the people who used it and got put somewhere else don’t bother to come on and do posts saying on this occasion it didn’t work.

For these reasons I prefer to put in more generalised room requests direct with member services (DVC) or Disney. However doing this via Disney Travel Co U.K. is far from infallible as once at OKW on a cash stay they’d never even passed it on due to a system breakdown (got some nice compensation as a result, my FIL had just had a hip replacement). Thus I may be more tempted to use if staying cash booked via U.K. than DVC member services, but if booking on DVC I’d definitely always use member services.
I can understand why they would ignore it, it must get annoying with people making these demands.

I didn't know I could contact DVC Member Services, that I will definitely do!