Notices

View Poll Results: do you have a case on your current smart phone ?
yes 331 95.66%
no 15 4.34%
Voters: 346. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23 Mar 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

smart phone cases - do you bother ?

Having had a Samsung Note 8 I now have a Samsung s10 plus. Within a few days of having the note 8 it fell off the setter arm on to the ceramic conservatory floor tiles and a small section of the display was rendered useless (the phone was functionally perfect apart from that). I didn't have a case on the phone.

I now have the s10 plus and I bought a case for it before I even for the phone. It's a shame really because I love the green colour of the phone but (apart from a very small area around the lenses) none of the phone back is visible

So my question (I did get there !) Is do you have a case on your phone or do you prefer it naked ? It would be useful to know what model of phone you have.

There are no right answers to this - I'm just curious!
Old 23 Mar 19, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

After smashing my screen whilst walking the dogs, my new screen cost £120. We only pay £17 month for my phone. Got a case straight away. However if we had not been in a new contract I would have just thrown the phone away. x
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
americangal
Apprentice Imagineer

Yes definitely. I have the iPhone XR there is no way I’d sacrifice a phone that costs that much for the sake of a case that costs a hell of a lot,less.

Same for tempered screen protectors. The Apple ones that they put on are £25. No brainer to me
americangal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I have to have a case on my phone, just doesn’t feel right. Plus I drop it a lot and my case softens the blow lol 😂
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I have a armoured case to protect it while I work. The other day I dropped it from the top stair and it bounded to the bottom and hit our tiles and bounced twice. No damage at all.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

I had a brand new I phone 7 , covered with a tempered glass cover and in a black leather wallet case , dropped it about a foot before getting in the car, chipped a tiny corner & the phone completely shattered !
Went to apple who felt sorry for me an gave me a brand new phone ... can’t fault them as they didn’t have to , there were 50 people waiting for new screens in the shop that day !
I still use a cover though as I sell my phones onto CEX. When the contract is out.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

This is really interesting because so many smartphone users who I see on the tube every day don't bother with cases.

Just goes to show what a wise bunch we dibbers are
Old 23 Mar 19, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I am using my old phone which I do have a case on after smashing my new one which didn't!
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I am using my old phone which I do have a case on after smashing my new one which didn't!
Yes I suspect alot of us have been there !
Old 23 Mar 19, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

I have an old iPhone 5s and I have a rubber case that fits over the back of it. I’ve dropped a few times and it’s been fine. When I (eventually) get a new one I will also get the same type of case.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List