Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 6 May 19, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSevSpaghetti
Getting Excited

Mobile

Enjoying reading. I miss OKW, we can’t stay there next time. Just starting to plan my food choices for next year so love a new thread.
MrsSevSpaghetti is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 19, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Great report, thanks so much for sharing.

I have added that cinnamon roll from Gastons to my ever growing list of snacks for the summer.
Old 7 May 19, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
maronnettes
Trying for More Ears

Day 6 – Volcano Bay and Epcot

So today was our first time trying out Volcano Bay and it is awesome. As I said earlier I am not a fan of the slides but I do like the lazy and not so lazy rivers, the one at Volcano is fantastic. Really recommend it and the kids loved the slides. Usual breakfast in villa before setting off
The food was not bad here for quick service type food, we are pretty easily pleased though really lol
I can’t remember who got what but there was a bbq burger, a bacon and cheeseburger, a pepperoni pizza, chicken tenders and fried chicken. We reactivated our refillable mugs that we had got in Universal. The chips all had a little spice on here, kids enjoyed them, I can do without chips unless they’re from a chip shop!

We went to Epcot around 5pm to try out the food and wine offerings.
From Thailand we got one crab cake with noodles for Wayne and a spicy red curry for me and Ben. Plus a white wine for me and beer for Wayne. These are very small drinks but priced around $4-$5 so less than a regular sized one

From the Caribbean booth I got an empanada, I was looking forward to this but it was really bland with not much filling, had another glass of wine and a lager. Not sure if they were from the same booth.

The kids decided they wanted a quick service meal rather than snacks, so all three got fish and chips. We got 2 lagers and a coke with these. They then got more cokes with snack credits, This way we didn’t have to pay for two lagers 😊 The fish is really nice here, love the crispy batter, I think the chips are average at best.

Next Wayne got the lamb chop from the Australia booth, he really liked this and it was around $8 so a good use of a snack credit.

Then onto the Ireland booth, Wayne and Tom both got sausage and mash. This was one of Wayne’s favourite items from the festival. Ben also got the chocolate cake but without custard, he loved it. I love custard, what a waste lol Obviously I got another glass of wine! (bit of a theme here lol)

Then I got the grand marnier slushy in epcot, Wayne got a lager. We then finished off getting a chocolate pretzel from the bakery in Germany. This was yummy.

Edited at 02:36 PM.
maronnettes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great report x
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Love the look of that slushy! Great meals/snacks so far. 😊
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Following along great report, although i'm starving now :P
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
maronnettes
Trying for More Ears

Day 7 – Busch Gardens

Today we travelled to Tampa to visit Busch Gardens, this park is excellent for anyone who likes big roller coasters like we all do. We had breakfast in the villa as usual. We were quite surprised with the food at Busch Gardens, it was not bad for quick service.
We went to Dragon Fire Grill which is a food court with lots of options, Chinese, American, Italian etc

Josh got a flat bread with pepperoni and a side of fries

Tom got Teriyaki chicken and veg with rice and also some bacon and cheese fries

I got orange chicken with rice and noodles, it was nice but I should have ordered a side of veg

Ben got chicken tenders and we shared a piece of carrot cake and a chocolate milk

Wayne got a pressed Cuban sandwich

Ben and Josh also got some dippin dots, two for $15!

We then went to Disney Springs on our way home to T Rex. We hadn’t booked but used my Landry’s card and were seated within 5 minutes even though there was a huge queue.

I got steak mash and veg, my steak was chewy, I got it with a cocktail

Wayne had surf and turf and a lager

Tom had steak with mash and coleslaw

Ben had salmon with two sides of rice and a mocktail

Josh got fish and chips

We then got the chocolate extinction cake to share, I think only me and Ben had some. This was lovely

Edited at 08:21 AM.
maronnettes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
llynnnn
Proud to wear my Ears

Great report, making notes for our next trip!
llynnnn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Oooo those Busch Gardens dishes are some of the best I’ve seen there. Encouraging as we are usually a bit disappointed with their options!
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I agree Blaze pizza is amazing and I am not really a pizza lover but we will definitely be going back there next year.
I did not realise that liberty tree’s menu was different at lunch, we discounted it due to the lack of options for the kids lol
What was the restaurant and atmosphere like there?
Thanks
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List